Windows 10: Laptop shuts off

Discus and support Laptop shuts off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CorinneChadderdon, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Laptop shuts off

I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. When I restart, I have to be quick to hit the enter button when the 15 second message pops up telling my there is a problem with my cooling fan. This is NOT a 'going into sleep' mode after a few minutes. It literally shuts off. It did the same thing after an update a few months ago. Then after the previous update it started to stay on all the time, which was great. It would go into sleep mode but all it took was to touch a key or the mouse and all was well. Now I am back to the previous problem. How do I fix this?

:)

CorinneChadderdon, Apr 21, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Carbo Win User

Laptop shuts off

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Laptop shuts off

1. Laptop shuts off - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts off

2. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  3. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  4. MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own: I've been having this problem for a while, but as of recent I feel it's been getting worse. I can run some games for hours just fine, but when it comes to playing Roblox or Genshin Impact with my friends, my laptop tends to shut off completely. When it happens, the fans blow...
  5. Hp laptop wifi shuts off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp laptop wifi shuts off: Hello. I'm looking at an hp laptop for a friend, and their WiFi 5 keeps shutting off. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but this thing does have a copy of win 10 that isn't activated. Will this cause the WiFi to dump? submitted by /u/Callamy [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop automatically shuts off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop automatically shuts off: My laptop shuts off automatically and keyboard doesn't respond after restart. I need an external keyboard via USB to put my pin. Below is the warning in event logger under systems: 1. The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor...
  7. Laptop was shut off during an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop was shut off during an update: Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue. -Wont allow me to reset/restore PC...
  8. HP laptop shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop shuts off: I have to keep rebooting it. what can cause this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-shuts-off/8aefd8ce-a25e-46c0-a20a-9a0b03959bcd
  9. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  10. Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off: I have a 5 month new Dell XPS 13 laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit. It has been running perfectly fine until the other day when I noticed the unit couldn't be turned off as it usually does. I hit the Power Off button, but instead of shutting down it restarts as if I hit...