Windows 10: laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns

Discus and support laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns sometimes works ok then shuts down without warning checked battery/psu fine checked harddrive ok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hannah + leon, Nov 22, 2020.

1. laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns

laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns sometimes works ok then shuts down without warning checked battery/psu fine checked harddrive ok did event viewer found the following could someone know the problem effecting my laptop kind reagrds

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 22/11/2020 05:46:48

Event ID: 41

Task Category: 63

Level: Critical

Keywords: 70368744177664,2

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Hannah

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-22T05:46:48.1191351Z" />

<EventRecordID>471</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Hannah</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

hannah + leon, Nov 22, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 22, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 22, 2020
  4. laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns

Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns

1. laptop shutsdowns sometimes,or trys to boot shutdowns - Similar Threads - laptop shutsdowns sometimes

2. Windows sometimes failing to boot and unexpected shutdowns have started?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sometimes failing to boot and unexpected shutdowns have started?: Hello,I bought a new system and spent a lot of money to have a great gaming machine. Since I have had it I have had boot issues and sometimes unexpected shutdowns. My specs are below:Ryzen 7 7700x 8 core CPU liquid cooled with AIOCorsair Vengaence DDR5 RAMRTX 4080 GPUASUS...
  3. Windows sometimes failing to boot and unexpected shutdowns have started?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sometimes failing to boot and unexpected shutdowns have started?: Hello,I bought a new system and spent a lot of money to have a great gaming machine. Since I have had it I have had boot issues and sometimes unexpected shutdowns. My specs are below:Ryzen 7 7700x 8 core CPU liquid cooled with AIOCorsair Vengaence DDR5 RAMRTX 4080 GPUASUS...
  4. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  5. Laptop boots into Aptio setup utility sometimes

Laptop boots into Aptio setup utility sometimes: My laptop boots into Aptio setup utility sometimes. I don't know why. There's no rhyme or reason as to when it does that. I don't know if it's because of a loose connection with the ssd, because I can shut down my computer in its normal state and then boot it up in the exact...
  6. Laptop shutsdown on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutsdown on its own: I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but i got a Laptop which went off on its own a couple times , it was during a gaming session on League of legends just to be precise and right after i did the update that same dayit happened just in the early mornings...
  7. Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.: Using Windows Media Creation Tool. I tried to make a Windows installation USB. Following the instructions on this site, I succesfully did that and tried it on my PC. This PC was built today. After booting to the USB, the monitor showed the BIOS's motherboard theme, yet split...
  8. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...
  9. Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor: I have Sony Vaio VPCSB190x model laptop and currently running Microsoft windows 10. I have been facing issue with my laptop battery for last 4 months. On the taskbar, it shows battery icon with the cross on it and when I hover mouse, it says battery not detected. I have tried...
  10. Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?: The PC of my Wife is suffering occasional slow shutdowns. Interestingly too, sometimes the Wi-Fi icon doesn't come on boot ups and it is very slow connecting to the internet. Occasionally and recently on start-up we get the option of which OS we want to use on a blue...