Windows 10: Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

Discus and support Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PrestonH26082, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe its and over heating problem or something like that. Its only when i enter my passcode and am on my home screen my curser loads and a cmd window pops up for a split second to fast to see what it says then it goes to a blue shutdown screen and shuts down. Ive also tried booting it back up after it shutdown and it just does the same process over and over again. My only thought is possible a virus and i cant really do anything about it if is ther

:)

PrestonH26082, Apr 4, 2022

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Louie Del Win User
    My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

PC shuts down seconds after logging in

Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in. [​IMG]

Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in. [​IMG]

Hardware tests passed. Booted into normal Safe Mode no problem. I assume you meant for me to choose the 1st option Safe Mode.

Steviebabs2685, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

1. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in. - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  3. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  4. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  6. Laptop restarts after shut down

Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  7. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.: So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe its and over heating problem or something like that. Its only when i enter my passcode and am on my home screen my curser...
  8. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.: So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe its and over heating problem or something like that. Its only when i enter my passcode and am on my home screen my curser...
  9. PC shuts down seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down seconds after logging in: It just started happening about 35 minutes prior to posting this. I was burning a dvd and the pc attempted to shut down, but I kept mashing the escape key until the dvd finished burning. I then let it shut down. But upon reboot and login, cmd starts and then pc shuts down...
  10. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....