Windows 10: Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted...

Discus and support Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I'm having inspiron 3558 laptop with windows 10.From yesterday,my laptop is slowing down at first and then shutting down abruptly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mscb_98, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mscb_98 Win User

Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted...

Hello

I'm having inspiron 3558 laptop with windows 10.From yesterday,my laptop is slowing down at first and then shutting down abruptly without any warning and is not turning on when I press the power button and small sound is coming from it.But when i removed and reinserted the battery and pressed the power button it's getting on and again after some time i it's slowing down and shutting down and this cycle is going on and on.It never happened like this before.Is there any solution to this?All my projects and files are in it.

:)

Mscb_98, Sep 27, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 27, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Sep 27, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted...

laptop battery meter malfunctioning

It is possible this is an issue with a Windows Driver, to rectify this issue, please follow these steps

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted... - Similar Threads - Laptop Shutting down

2. Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down: Hello!I have an Asus x571GT, and 7 days ago my laptop suddenly shut down twice within the span of 3 hours. Without warning. Both times it rebooted and at the Windows loading screen it said it had a errors on the C drive. I go to the C drive, Right Click > Tools > Error...
  3. Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down: Hello!I have an Asus x571GT, and 7 days ago my laptop suddenly shut down twice within the span of 3 hours. Without warning. Both times it rebooted and at the Windows loading screen it said it had a errors on the C drive. I go to the C drive, Right Click > Tools > Error...
  4. Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Battery drains when laptop is shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drains when laptop is shut down: ASUS Rog Strix III Laptop. Before I start: I have hibernate sleep disabled, Fast start up disabled and I disabled suspended standby I think, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure while MS always moves those things around or renames them. Especially when they cause known...
  6. Computer abruptly shutting down

Computer abruptly shutting down: Hi, My computer just decides to shut down randomly and I'm not sure why it's doing this. I tried to find some more info and here's all I found. Any suggestions? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. System shutting down until wait or battery removed

System shutting down until wait or battery removed: My system shuts down whenever I try playing a game. It won't reopen until I wait or I remove the battery and put it back in. The exhaust fan is noisy and it is very warm as well...
  8. Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop: Hi I am facing an issue with my laptop's battery for past few days. After charging it to 100% i use it for 2 hours or so reaching up to 60%. Then I shut down my laptop and reopen it again after sometimes it doesn't turn on until I plug it with the charger with power source...
  9. Windows error shutting down abruptly

Windows error shutting down abruptly: I replaced my Dell Inspirion 7737 laptop battery after it swelled up, with a non Dell battery, could not find a Dell battery at the time, it shut down a lot. Returned it and got another from another source that says Dell on it is it really a Dell? non idea and had been...
  10. laptop shutting down before battery is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop shutting down before battery is low: laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-before-battery-is-low/da7da672-6d86-4a85-9f8f-8b853dee86f4