Windows 10: laptop shutting down before battery is low

Discus and support laptop shutting down before battery is low in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-(... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by carolynbermudez, Oct 23, 2019.

1. laptop shutting down before battery is low

laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-(

:)

carolynbermudez, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

laptop shutting down before battery is low

Hi Roy,

For us to provide more troubleshooting steps to resolve the automatic shutdown issue, can you provide the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 23, 2019
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 23, 2019
  4. nopivnick Win User

hello.

I'm experiencing the same behavior as the OP.

when the estimated remaining battery charge drops down to approximately 40%, give or take 5%, the laptop abruptly turns off. it's the equivalent of a hard reset. when I restart the machine it doesn't get past post before shutting off again so obviously the
    battery is completely drained.

as the OP mentioned, the estimated charge never reaches the low battery / critical battery settings that trigger a controlled sleep, hibernation and/or shutdown.

Hardware:

Razer Blade 14 (2014)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ Quad Core Processor

Mobile: Intel® PCHM 8 series chipset, HM87

Memory: 8GB onboard memory (DDR3L-1600MHz)

Graphics and Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 870M (3GB GDDR5 VRAM, Optimus™ Technology)

Display: 14.0" QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch

Storage: 256GB SSD (SATA M.2)

Power: Compact 150W Power Adapter

Battery: Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1703

OS Build: 15063.483

I contacted Razer Support and they suggested I follow the troubleshooting steps outlined on this reddit post:

A fix to increase New Razer Blade 2016 Battery Life : razer

• Go to Control Panel > System, then select ‘Device Manager’ from the left pane.
    • Expand the ‘Batteries’ section. A list of devices will appear. Look for the ‘Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery’.
    • Right-click on the device, and select ‘Uninstall’. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device's uninstallation. Click ‘OK’ to uninstall the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible (Windows will automatically detect and reinstall the drivers upon reboot).
    • Power off your laptop and allow it to charge at least 8 hours or until it is fully charged, while it is powered off (not sleeping/hibernating).
    • Unplug its power adapter, then power on your laptop and use your laptop battery until it depletes its battery.
    • Fully charge your laptop again in order to recalibrate the charging sensor.

I've followed the instructions above but the issue persists.

lastly, I've also been running Battery Reports since the issue began and the report contains a fair amount of nonsensical information, including the discharge graph under Battery Usage and a number of impossible Battery Duration times listed under Usage
    History, in particular in the days immediately after running a *clean* installation of the Creators Edition.

All drivers and related software are up to date.

EDIT: I've just run the Power Troubleshooter and it didn't pick up any issues.

nopivnick, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. laptop shutting down before battery is low - Similar Threads - laptop shutting down

2. Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low": Hello, I had turned off hibernation a week before. Since then, whenever it gets a low battery, my laptop shuts down automatically earlier it used to hibernate, so at least I could get my things back. What to do so that the warning comes before the laptop shuts down.Thank you!...
  3. Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low": Hello, I had turned off hibernation a week before. Since then, whenever it gets a low battery, my laptop shuts down automatically earlier it used to hibernate, so at least I could get my things back. What to do so that the warning comes before the laptop shuts down.Thank you!...
  4. Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  6. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  7. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

Laptop shuts down at low battery warning: This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just shuts down instead of giving me said warning. Any way to fix this?...
  9. Blue screen "Battery Low" Locks/shuts down laptop. On restarting, battery is 99%.

Blue screen "Battery Low" Locks/shuts down laptop. On restarting, battery is 99%.: I know this type of issue has been raised a lot but the post I found was quite old. I'm hoping someone has found out how to stop this happening. I have replaced the battery because at one stage the battery diagnostic showed the battery to be failing and a friend replaced...
  10. Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning: Hello, I replaced my laptop battery around two years ago because it was not working well any more. The new battery is not the "official" one, and it has a larger capacity. At the beginning, the battery level that Windows reported was not very accurate, but, honestly, I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my PC is shutdown when battery charged is 20%