Windows 10: Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update

Discus and support Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community I updated my laptop to latest windows 10 update and now laptop shutting down by itself at login screen or in desktop screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlbenisKerqeli, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update

Hello Community I updated my laptop to latest windows 10 update and now laptop shutting down by itself at login screen or in desktop screen and display an cmd

What is the problem? Any Solution

:)

AlbenisKerqeli, Feb 22, 2021

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 hangs at login screen after latest update

Windows 10 completed latest updates but now hangs at login screen. I type in the local password and the spinner starts to spin and then it just hangs. Suggestions?

O C Reporter, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update

Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update

1. Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. after the latest windows update my computer shuts down to the login screen after about 15...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after the latest windows update my computer shuts down to the login screen after about 15...: After the latest windows update my computer now shuts down to the login in screen after about 10-15 seconds! HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-latest-windows-update-my-computer-shuts/ae342939-deb9-486b-9a89-841530c2bf2c
  3. after the latest windows update my computer shuts down to the login screen after about 15...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after the latest windows update my computer shuts down to the login screen after about 15...: After the latest windows update my computer now shuts down to the login in screen after about 10-15 seconds! HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-latest-windows-update-my-computer-shuts/ae342939-deb9-486b-9a89-841530c2bf2c
  4. Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update: Hi all, basically, as the title says. My laptop had yet another several hour long update today and since it finished I can't login. At first I tried signing in the exact same way I have for about 3 years now only to be told my password wasn't correct. So I reset my password...
  5. Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update: Hi all, basically, as the title says. My laptop had yet another several hour long update today and since it finished I can't login. At first I tried signing in the exact same way I have for about 3 years now only to be told my password wasn't correct. So I reset my password...
  6. Computer keeps shutting down after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down after latest update: My laptop shuts down by itself after a few minutes of non use. This started happening after a February 2020 Windows update. How can this be corrected/fixed ?...
  7. Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen: Hello, I need some help fixing a shut down issue with an old laptop of mine HP pavilion g series 7. Every time I start up the laptop and get to the login screen where I am supposed to enter my password, the laptop just completely shuts down as if you held down the power...
  8. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting down of Laptop after windows update: Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep. Diandre...
  9. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update: Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still...
  10. Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately: Exactly as it says on the title. When I power it on, the GPU fans go full blast, it stays that way for a little while and shuts down automatically. There's no splash screens or anything either so I can't go into safe mode. Sometimes it shuts down almost immediately and then...