Windows 10: Laptop shutting down on its own

Discus and support Laptop shutting down on its own in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by layman, Dec 9, 2019.

1. layman Win User

Laptop shutting down on its own

I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have also installed CPUID HW Monitor. I have noted the Core temperatures at start up 88-90 C. I normally end a session by "Hibernate". On resuming later sometime the PIN writing window does not show up on the lock screen and I have to shut down by pressing the Power button and resume again by pressing it. Last night while playing "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" game, the laptop suddenly shut down on its own. This happened twice after a gap of about 30 mins. I have checked the Core temperatures while playing & they are 95-96 C. I'll be thankful for suggestions to overcome this problem.

:)

layman, Dec 9, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Carbo Win User

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop shutting down on its own - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..: I have to hold press f8 in order to even turn the laptop on and I'll be able to use it but if I let go of the button it says slide down to shut down and immediately shuts down without giving me time to do anything at all. I've tried a few things but they don't seem to work. I...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..: I have to hold press f8 in order to even turn the laptop on and I'll be able to use it but if I let go of the button it says slide down to shut down and immediately shuts down without giving me time to do anything at all. I've tried a few things but they don't seem to work. I...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  6. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  7. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer shuts down on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down on its own: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I have a GT70 2QD Dominator, recently I did a clean installation to an SSD, it was somewhat messy, had to do it...
  9. PC shutting down on its own

PC shutting down on its own: Hi, Im currently facing an issue when gaming, 1-2mins into the game. My pc will shutdown and attempt to reboot but it will fail to turn on until i turn off the power and turn on the pc manually. Hoping to get some help/answers here. This only started on 20 July which is...
  10. PC shuts down on its own

PC shuts down on its own: While I was starting a game, my PC shut down then turned on again but failed to load. This procedure repeated several times. I received"Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" error code: 0xC0000022. How to fix this error?...