Windows 10: Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

Discus and support Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power. I'm posting the Log. I tried updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AjayGanti3, May 12, 2019.

1. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power.

I'm posting the Log. I tried updating my drivers, but still the problem is not resolved. Please help me.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 12-05-2019 14:31:10

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-21PH2CH
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-12T09:01:10.384985300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>35372</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-21PH2CH</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">2</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

AjayGanti3, May 12, 2019
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 12, 2019
  3. Paulieg Win User

OK, first complete your system specs, as it will help us diagnose your problem. Second, can you be a bit more descriptive about the "shut off"? Does it go through the windows shut down procedure, or does the power just shut off completely?

Paulieg, May 12, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

Laptop shutting down

Hi Belinda,

If your laptop is shutting down unexpectedly, it could be due to hardware related issues, or that the operating system is corrupted or damaged. For us to isolate the issue, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Have you checked if all hardware of your computer are connected properly?
    • Since you are using a laptop, is the battery seated properly? Did you try removing the battery and see if it shuts down unexpectedly?
    • Does the system shut down when you enter the BIOS settings and let it sit for a while? This is for us to see if the issue is caused by hardware or by the operating system. For information about getting to the BIOS settings, kindly refer to the manufacturer's
      website.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

1. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. Computer shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shut down unexpectedly: Hi everyone, My computer recently starts to crash during intensive gaming. Can anyone tell me what the error means from Windows Reliability Report? Here is my computer specs: Intel i7-8700k MB: Asus rog Maximus X Hero GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio RAM: G.Skill...
  3. unexpected shut down

unexpected shut down: My windows getting shut down automatically within few seconds after i start the windows and there is no hardware problem in it .what to do with this problem please help me....
  4. Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.

Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.: After i fully scan(windows defender, and mcafee antivirus) my laptop, it began to shutdown unexpectedly showing the error code everytime i use it. Does anyone knows how to fix this....
  5. PC unexpected shut down

PC unexpected shut down: My pc lately has been shutting down for no reason. I changed the power cable and it still didn't help. I don't think that it is my PSU fault cause it didn't have this problem + it is a Gigabyte 700W PSU (B700H). I checked Event viewer and it was like this :...
  6. BSOD while shutting down...?

BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742
  7. Windows 10 several unexpected shut downs

Windows 10 several unexpected shut downs: Hi all, attached is my PC. I am having a reoccurring problem with my PC where it displays a blue screen after giving me no indication of a problem. One error message in the blue screen is "kmode exception_not handled (bwcW8x64.sys)". When I look at my crash logs and try to...
  8. Shutting down Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down Laptop: From time to time when powering down my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 17) , the two blue lights in front remain on & I need to take out the battery I would like to know what is possibly causing this and how I can get it corrected 41521
  9. PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.: Lately my PC has been shutting down out of the blue, in about 5 seconds at that. Also, upon turning it back on it starts up real slowly. This generally happens when playing games, however if I'm on the computer that's what I'm doing so not sure if that's a good assumption. No...
  10. Laptop not shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not shutting down: Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I have an Acer laptop 52040