Windows 10: Laptop shutting down when put into standby

Discus and support Laptop shutting down when put into standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, hope you're having a nice day.... I'm having a weird problem with my HP Elitebook 8560w where it will shut down after either closing the lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frank1985, Apr 1, 2019.

1. frank1985 Win User

Laptop shutting down when put into standby

Hey guys, hope you're having a nice day....

I'm having a weird problem with my HP Elitebook 8560w where it will shut down after either closing the lid or pressing the power button. In power options I have it set so that when these actions are performed, the laptop goes into standby.

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit

I exported this from the Event Viewer which will hopefully help diagnose the issue http://www.filedropper.com/events_1

:)

frank1985, Apr 1, 2019

2. Standby shuts computer down

I either used the START>WINDOWS PANEL>STANDBY or more frequently clicking my desktop icon for Standby which is a function of using :-

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

With the desktop icon, if Hibernate is enabled, it Hibernates. If Hibernate is not enabled, it goes to Standby. This still works OK with Hibernate enabled, but with Hibernate not enabled instead of going to Standby, it shuts down the computer.

Start>Windows Panel>Standby also shuts down the computer.

Bald Eagle, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Standby shuts computer down

Hello Norton,

It is set at Standby, always has been and I do not have a Standby switch back time limit, it is set to "Never"

That earlier thread (around 2007) was a long one involving so many complex suggestions I thought that the entire computer had been regenerated from new. You know how the OP solved it after turning it inside out ? He fiddled about with Ad-Aware. Don`t know exactly what he did, but Standby worked OK after this surgery. I do not have Ad-Aware.

Bald Eagle, Apr 1, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

My computer shuts down instead of going into standby...

Ok, I let my computer go into standby after 30 minutes.... Well instead of just going into standby it just says no thanks I'll shut down... Getting very annoying and I can't figure out for the life of me why it wont just go into standby..

Oh, its not just power loss either, I left my speakers on last night and it made the wonderful windows shut down tones.

niko084, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop shutting down when put into standby - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Shut down while in standby?

Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...