Windows 10: Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

Discus and support Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It started to happen after a month when i bought the laptop. I factory reset it to see if it would help and it worked normally for about 30 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OleksandrKovalchuk, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

It started to happen after a month when i bought the laptop. I factory reset it to see if it would help and it worked normally for about 30 minutes then it shut down. Now i have to keep it plugged in all the time. Please help

:)

OleksandrKovalchuk, Jul 11, 2019

2. 1 Minute Until Fully Charged. . .

Mine says "0% 1 min to fully charge" and because it is 0% the laptop shuts down if unplugged. Is it a bug or could it be the battery's fault?

KaterinaHn, Jul 11, 2019
  3. 1 Minute Until Fully Charged. . .

1 min to fully charge is definitely a bug. The laptop shuts down if unplugged, there might be some problem with your laptop battery. Well the whole windows 10 is glitchy.

Edit: I think there might be no problem with your laptop battery.

Akarsh.Gurikar, Jul 11, 2019
  4. JD9999 Win User

Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

Battery fully charged, but still charging

My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows 10 is the issue. My laptop has also had significant issues with charging. I can confirm this with two batteries. I have an Asus K55VD which I haven't changed the battery plugs in or anything like that. What could my problem be? Here's what I've tried:

-Disabling and re-enabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (no change)
    -Turning power saving off in BIOS (did a bit of help with the charging problem)
    -Fixing the fan (turns out it wasn't spinning, which caused a range of issues. Helped the battery charge issue a bit)
    -Keeping the laptop shut down (didn't help)
    -Keeping it asleep (didn't help)
    -Keeping it on with the screen off (did help it charge)

Yet I can't find a fix for the battery charging percentage and time issue. Any help would be appreciated.

JD9999, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

1. Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. laptop slows down and freezes when its charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop slows down and freezes when its charging: I have a HP stream laptop Windows 10. Whenever I plug it in to charge if I use it while its charging it begins to slow down and freeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-slows-down-and-freezes-when-its-charging/a4ae6e32-3a85-4f53-8a18-89b6f6d6faff
  3. Laptop shutting down when put into standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutting down when put into standby: Hey guys, hope you're having a nice day.... I'm having a weird problem with my HP Elitebook 8560w where it will shut down after either closing the lid or pressing the power button. In power options I have it set so that when these actions are performed, the laptop goes into...
  4. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged: My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often until I unplug it and wait a long time. It happens even more often whenever it's unplugged at any time. There's nothing wrong...
  5. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  6. pc not fully shutting down

pc not fully shutting down: i recently built my new computer but everytime i shut down the gpu and fans and monitor doesnt shut down, only windows. when i try to restart to download drivers (i had to download them on an existing computer) when it starts to turn back on its just a black screen so i have...
  7. laptop lags when unplugged

laptop lags when unplugged: i have a HP Pavilion notebook intel core 17-6500u cpu @2.50ghz 4 cpus 16 gb ram windows 10 pro 64 (10.0, Build 17763) nvidia 940mx 4gb ddr3 every Game works fine when charger is plugged in but when removed even the lowest end game lags.. all games produce less than...
  8. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...
  9. laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in

laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in: laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/laptop-shutting-down-suddenly-when-power-pluged-in/3132e0a0-d7fc-4c40-93e6-737c2e552538
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...