Windows 10: Laptop shutting down

Discus and support Laptop shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Simeon_1830, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Laptop shutting down

Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so quickly that I have no time to plug my charger in and it gets very annoying. But then when I plug my charger in and it turns back on, it shows the battery was completely drained even when it was over 20% before it went off.

I honestly do not know what's causing it and it has gotten really irritating. Is this an issue that is known and has been dealt with and solved? And is there any way to fix it?

:)

Simeon_1830, Oct 9, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Carbo Win User

Laptop shutting down

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shutting down

1. Laptop shutting down - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. Laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is not shutting down: When I am shutting down my laptop, it says it's shutting down then display goes black but keyboard and power button light still says lit and after few seconds lock screen shows up. Adding to it, it's also not detecting TPM 2.0 in windows but it's enabled in BIOS and when I...
  3. Laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is not shutting down: When I am shutting down my laptop, it says it's shutting down then display goes black but keyboard and power button light still says lit and after few seconds lock screen shows up. Adding to it, it's also not detecting TPM 2.0 in windows but it's enabled in BIOS and when I...
  4. Laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  6. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  7. Shutting down the laptop

Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  8. laptop shutting down

laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  9. Shutting down Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down Laptop: From time to time when powering down my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 17) , the two blue lights in front remain on & I need to take out the battery I would like to know what is possibly causing this and how I can get it corrected 41521
  10. Laptop not shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not shutting down: Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I have an Acer laptop 52040

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Acer Laptop Shutting down randomly