Windows 10: Laptop Sleep Issues

Discus and support Laptop Sleep Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set the laptop to sleep for 5 minutes both the screen and the PC and hard disk in advanced settings and everything was fine until recently, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StepwiseBulb447, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Laptop Sleep Issues

I have set the laptop to sleep for 5 minutes both the screen and the PC and hard disk in advanced settings and everything was fine until recently, the screen goes to sleep after 5 minutes but the system doesn't and I have tried everything in settings. Recently, I reset the settings to default for everything and it still doesn't work. The system/hard drive is still running but screen goes to sleep. Why doesn't system when sleep timer is same for them both?

:)

StepwiseBulb447, Jun 8, 2019

2. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 8, 2019
  4. antzshrek Win User

Laptop Sleep Issues

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Sleep Issues

1. Laptop Sleep Issues - Similar Threads - Laptop Sleep Issues

2. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  3. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  4. Sleep issues in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep issues in laptop: My laptop won't sleep if it is plugged in.Pc will sleep if i press the power button, or by closing the lid or by clicking sleep in start. There is no problem. But it won't automatically sleep. Laptop turn off the display after some time but it won't sleephdd indication is on...
  5. Sleep issues in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep issues in laptop: My laptop won't sleep if it is plugged in.Pc will sleep if i press the power button, or by closing the lid or by clicking sleep in start. There is no problem. But it won't automatically sleep. Laptop turn off the display after some time but it won't sleephdd indication is on...
  6. Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution: Hi,I have a surface laptop 3 with surface dock and dual Samsung UJ590 4k monitors. When the surface goes to sleep and then trying to wake it up it does not bring the monitors back from sleep. I have to turn the monitors off and then turn them back on. Even then 2nd external...
  7. Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating to version 1903. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked powercfg on cmd and it says USO...
  8. insomnia (laptop sleep mode issues)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    insomnia (laptop sleep mode issues): i've had an HP G5 255 laptop for work for years. mine worked fine. no issues. then it got stolen out of a rental car in san jose. now i'm using a former coworker's G5 255 -- purchased at the same time as my old system. i didn't reformat it or anything because it has our...
  9. Laptop having issues waking from sleep

Laptop having issues waking from sleep: See these two threads for reference - Dell Inspiron 15 5577 can't resume from sleep No power from SSD when waking from sleep Windows 10 I used to put the laptop to sleep from Windows and just leave the screen lid open, but however, The issue happens even when I close the...
  10. Sleep issue on HP laptop

Sleep issue on HP laptop: Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep options in power setting but it didn't help. It is really annoying and distracting. How can I fix this problem?...