Windows 10: Laptop sleep mode problem

Discus and support Laptop sleep mode problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marketmo, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Marketmo Win User

Laptop sleep mode problem

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make notification sounds that ping/blingggg until I open the screen. On the screen will be a window asking me to enter my Microsoft password. When I enter my Microsoft password and press enter, the window disappears and goes back to a display/screen that starts the basic login process. How do I get rid of this window that keeps popping up. If I put the computer back in the sleep mode, it just does the same thing over again.

:)

Marketmo, Dec 5, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 5, 2019
  3. capnp72 Win User
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Laptop sleep mode problem

Problem with SLEEP mode

I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

jonestheword, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop sleep mode problem

1. Laptop sleep mode problem - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep mode

2. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  3. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  4. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode problem: When I went to sleep mode my mobile hotspot and ethernetvwill stop working as well. What should I do to make it work on sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/cb9c1211-8dbd-470e-9be5-6194d1599f44
  5. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode problem: When I close the lid of my laptop, the computer does not go to sleep mode. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/e2662a4b-a99c-47cb-a22c-1ffaa338c158
  6. problem with sleep mode

problem with sleep mode: When I put my device to sleep and press the power button again, it always freezes on black screen and i have to hard-shutdown it , or it restarts the windows. note: I have this problem after updating to version 1903...
  7. Problem with Sleep Mode

Problem with Sleep Mode: When I activate the sleep mode the screen turn off, but some minutes later when I try to turn on the laptop and the laptop don't turn on, so I start to touch all the keys but the screen keep turn off and the laptop is still on....
  8. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode problem: Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing happens. How can I do it?. the only thing I can do is switch it off and then it starts up in administrator mode and I have a job to...
  9. Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Problem: When entering sleep mode, my computer displays a gray screen. Does anyone know why? 6952
  10. Problem with SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with SLEEP mode: I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7. Any ideas or suggestions please? 31439