Windows 10: Laptop sleeping problem

Discus and support Laptop sleeping problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! So I desperately need some help and id hope someone out there could tell me what I can do. Ive had my new laptop for about a year now and lately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/some1callvogue, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Laptop sleeping problem

Hi! So I desperately need some help and id hope someone out there could tell me what I can do. Ive had my new laptop for about a year now and lately when I put it to sleep and then try to wake it up, sometimes the side lights come on but the screen remains black. The only option that I have left is to shut it down forcefully and it can damage the device. I’ve updated bios and the amd chipset like the asus support told me to do and still happens. My laptop is an asus VIVOBOOK 15, AMD Ryzen 5, Radeon Vega graphics 8. Thank you!

submitted by /u/some1callvogue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/some1callvogue, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Dec 9, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 9, 2020
  4. antzshrek Win User

Laptop sleeping problem

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Laptop sleeping problem

1. Laptop sleeping problem - Similar Threads - Laptop sleeping problem

2. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  3. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  4. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem: sometimes audio and video gets unsync. And laptop can't boot properly after sleep. after sleep BSOD appears and the error is critical process died and it restarts.I changed windows version, updated all drivers and bios and do things like CMD codes. I ran a RAM check in...
  5. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem: sometimes audio and video gets unsync. And laptop can't boot properly after sleep. after sleep BSOD appears and the error is critical process died and it restarts.I changed windows version, updated all drivers and bios and do things like CMD codes. I ran a RAM check in...
  6. How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop: My Asus TUF A15 laptop has sleep problem , When I press power button and let it sleep , it doesn't actually go to sleep. As I click any buttons it automatically reopens without security screen : I don't have to enter password which I have to when I open it for first time...
  7. How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop

How to resolve sleep problem of my Laptop: My Asus TUF A15 laptop has sleep problem , When I press power button and let it sleep , it doesn't actually go to sleep. As I click any buttons it automatically reopens without security screen : I don't have to enter password which I have to when I open it for first time...
  8. new problem with laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    new problem with laptop sleeping: Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My laptop will no longer go to sleep. When I close the lid, the screen turns off, but when I re-open it, it will not turn back on. The laptop itself remains on, but at this point, I need to to a hard reboot. I found this one recent...
  9. laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop sleep problem: I have a lenovo z510 laptop for 5 years and it used to sleep when I press to button or I choose sleep from Alt+F4 window or I close the lid until 3 or 4 months ago. But since then when I try to go to sleep, the fan is speeding up, screen is going to black and the system is...
  10. Laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop sleep mode problem: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make notification sounds that ping/blingggg until I open the screen. On the screen will be a window asking me to enter my Microsoft...