Windows 10: Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.

Discus and support Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is set to never go to sleep, but over the last few days, that's what it's been doing. At least when I close the lid. In which case, it's set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JordanWhitworth, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.

My laptop is set to never go to sleep, but over the last few days, that's what it's been doing. At least when I close the lid. In which case, it's set to do nothing. I had this problem a month or two ago, but I found a suggestion that told me to make it never go to sleep for when it's on battery power. I've only been using it while plugged in. Please help!

:)

JordanWhitworth, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Feb 2, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 2, 2020
  4. antzshrek Win User

Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.

1. Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too. - Similar Threads - Laptop sleeps supposed

2. my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on: there is also no option of hybrid sleep what am i supposed to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-taking-too-much-time-for-sleep-and/12c671f1-208c-4eb0-89bf-dd9c726445ea
  3. my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on: there is also no option of hybrid sleep what am i supposed to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-taking-too-much-time-for-sleep-and/12c671f1-208c-4eb0-89bf-dd9c726445ea
  4. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  5. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  6. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  7. Shutting Down when supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting Down when supposed to sleep: For the past 3 weeks, I close my computer and it shuts down when I want it to sleep. I am not telling it to do this, it does this automatically. I thought a recent update would fix it, but the problem has not been resolved. What steps should I take?...
  8. Is TimePabeli supposed to be on my laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is TimePabeli supposed to be on my laptop?: I recently accidentally installed OneUpdater, so I deleted it, but I am very sure it brought other programs too. I have found it in Program Files, and in task manager. TimePabeli is something with a magnifying glass and a funky green texture and background. When i try to...
  9. desktop has been shutting down when it is supposed to be going to sleep mode.

desktop has been shutting down when it is supposed to be going to sleep mode.: My desktop has been shutting down when it is supposed to be going to sleep mode. It wakes when I hit the keyboard or shake the mouse, but it boots from BIOS like it had been shut down. I have Windows Power options set to “When plugged in PC goes to sleep after 2 hours” I...
  10. BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep

BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep: Hey everyone, I have lately been having a couple of minor problems on my PC: 1) Whenever I try to restart my PC, I encounter the BSOD "System thread exception not handled." I have looked for help online already, but the suggestions of making sure all my device...