Windows 10: Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop started taking extra long to wake from sleep mode immediately after upgrading to Windows 10. The problem has persisted for several months.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cmango, Sep 27, 2016.

1. cmango Win User

Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade

My laptop started taking extra long to wake from sleep mode immediately after upgrading to Windows 10. The problem has persisted for several months. Startup time seems normal, and the computer enters sleep mode quickly after shutting the screen. I always choose to receive updates automatically, so all updates, drivers, etc. should be up to date. There is no new software installed since the upgrade. What happens is when I open the laptop and strike a key, touch the touchpad, or move my wireless mouse, the light around the touchpad comes on, so I know the computer is trying to wake up, but the screen remains black for various amounts of time- sometimes only 30 seconds or so, but most of the time several minutes, until finally the lockscreen appears. I've checked to make sure the keyboard is set to wake the computer under Devices. I've searched for a solution, and although there are instances of people having the same problem, I have not found a solution. I've listed my system specs that I think would be pertinent. Thanks for any help regarding this issue.*Smile

:)

cmango, Sep 27, 2016
  2. BuddyB#1 Win User

Dell XPS laptop won't wake up from sleep mode after upgrade to windows 10

I see this is happening to many people... where are you Microsoft?

After upgrading to Windows 10 my laptop will not wake up from sleep mode.

BuddyB#1, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Huaraz Win User
    Why are the default Windows 10 wake up settings for Laptops as they are ?

Correct it was an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro. The most disturbing wake up is the reboot after Windows update as it wakes up the Laptop which I never want. I think it is much better to tell you to reboot (never force it) after you woke your Laptop up.

Markus

Huaraz, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Laptop slow wake

2. Slow screen wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow screen wake up: so recently i noticed something weird with my laptop. when i try to wake the screen from screen timeout it take a long time to respond, it show black screen for like 10-20 sec and then go to main screen. My laptop is ROG gl553vd i put my windows on m.2, 16gb of ram. with m.2...
  3. Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up: I build a whole computer about a month ago. Since I have build the computer, everything, for the most part, works completely fine except when it comes to sleeping. When the computer wakes up from a sleep, no matter how long, it is unbelievably laggy to the point where it...
  4. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  5. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  6. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep: Asking this question again. As I saw many users have this problem. More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more...
  7. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep: More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more than 10 minutes. Two days ago I downloaded and installed latest feature...
  8. Slow wake up

Slow wake up: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  9. Windows 10 slow to wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow to wake up: I have been having a terrible time getting my Windows 10 to wake up. Moving the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard used to automatically wake up my system but that's not happening now. Any ideas as to why this all of a sudden started happening and/or any suggestion as...
  10. Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade: Guys After I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 through Media Creation Tool, I'm experiencing quite slower boot up than it was before when I had Windows 8.1. I have a Lenovo Y50-70 High Performance Gaming Laptop. After I press the Power button,...