Windows 10: Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

Discus and support Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D_A_Renoir, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, the screen seems to take a while before lighting up. Normally, once I wake it up by opening the lid, the screen turns on immediately. Now, it takes maybe 20-30 seconds before the screen lights up and shows the login page. It makes me wonder, like did the BSOD maybe cause some damage that I need to address?Once it wakes up and I login, the computer functions normally. No lags, no freezes, but it's the initial wake up that's taking a wh

:)

D_A_Renoir, Sep 23, 2022

2. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

So far, we know its a new Lenovo Laptop Computer which came with Windows Ten installed.

We need more details to property diagnose your slow wake issue.

Is normal startup slow?
    When the Laptop wakes from sleep, does it wake slowly after short or long periods?
    When the Laptop wakes from sleep does the screen remain black for an extended time?
    How long of a period would you say it takes to wake from sleep? Does it take several seconds or minutes?
    Is the computer slow to turn off?
    Do you have anything connected to your computer?
    What third party software have you've installed?
    Think of what you did just before the slow wake issue started, did you install anything?
    Have you ran a Virus and Malware scan?

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 23, 2022
  3. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

CandleJakk, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

FreeBooter, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

1. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop slow wake

2. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  3. Laptop issue: External second monitor remains as a black screen after waking up laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop issue: External second monitor remains as a black screen after waking up laptop: I have a laptop with Windows 10. Whenever I close the lid of the laptop or put it sleep and then wake up the laptop, the external second monitor that is hooked through a display adaptor port remains as a black screen. The problem persists until I manually restart the laptop....
  4. Laptop issue: External second monitor remains as a black screen after waking up laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop issue: External second monitor remains as a black screen after waking up laptop: I have a laptop with Windows 10. Whenever I close the lid of the laptop or put it sleep and then wake up the laptop, the external second monitor that is hooked through a display adaptor port remains as a black screen. The problem persists until I manually restart the laptop....
  5. Laptop issue: External second monitor remains as a black screen after waking up laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  7. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  8. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep: Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, the screen seems to take a while before lighting up. Normally, once I wake it up by opening the lid, the screen...
  9. My pc takes too long or doesnt wake up after it goes to sleep

My pc takes too long or doesnt wake up after it goes to sleep: Hello Microsoft Community. I bought my computer with windows 7 home edition. It was working fine. It doesn't have any problem at all. Since the update or migration to windows 10 demand by Microsoft. My PC is starting to have few issues. First is the sleeping problem......
  10. waking up from sleep too slow

waking up from sleep too slow: so i have this **** laptop running an HDD of 5400 rpm, 12 gigs of ram, and a core i3. i use it as my daily driver, and waking it up from sleep takes 2-3 seconds, is there any way for the time to get minimized to just a couple miliseconds of delay from opening my laptop lid?...