Windows 10: Laptop slows down on restart.

Discus and support Laptop slows down on restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop slows down massively when I restart it. I think windows is deleting drivers. Last time this happened I reinstalled nvidia drivers and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tr1kD, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Tr1kD Win User

Laptop slows down on restart.

My laptop slows down massively when I restart it. I think windows is deleting drivers. Last time this happened I reinstalled nvidia drivers and it fixed it but I don't want to have to do that every time I turn off my pc.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

16gb ram

:)

Tr1kD, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Jul 5, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Laptop slows down on restart.

My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop slows down on restart.

1. Laptop slows down on restart. - Similar Threads - Laptop slows down

2. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  3. Laptop slows down and beeps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop slows down and beeps.: Sometimes my laptop randomly slows down and beeps. It is always a random amount of beeps. I have checked for viruses and nothing happens. I have tried Microsoft support but have not gotten anything that helps me. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430s....
  4. Laptop slowing down after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slowing down after BSOD: A couple weeks ago, i started to receive BSOD, with the error CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. I didnt do much about it and continued to use my laptop after restarting it. However, recently when i tried to insert a video into a powerpoint, i would receive a BSOD. My laptop has been...
  5. Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts: Hey all. I posted this here and in a forum with this dell model to see if anyone could assist me with this. My laptop is a dell xps 15 9550. I shut down my computer before i left the house. I sometimes leave computer on sometimes don't. When I came back, I noticed when i...
  6. Internet on my Laptop suddenly slowed down.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet on my Laptop suddenly slowed down.: Hello, my laptop internet speeds suddenly slowed down a lot to just 2 mbps download and about 6 mbps upload. It is only on my this Dell laptop and no other devices. I do have windows 10 which came with the computer. I have also tried everything i found on the internet. Any...
  7. Windows 10 update slowing down laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update slowing down laptop?: So about a month ago I started playing Watch Dogs 2 on my laptop, it ran perfectly fine at Ultra settings with a great frame rate. However, a couple weeks back Windows 10 started pestering me about an update, so I reluctantly let it do its thing, and now everything's just...
  8. Windows Update Slowed Down My Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Slowed Down My Laptop: Hello, It was going all well, My laptop was running games good, but the new update notifications were bothering me so I updated it. After that update, my PC has became quite slow! I used to get 60 frames before update now I hardly get 5 fps! Wth. Fortnite is unplayable...
  9. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...
  10. slowing down laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slowing down laptop: Hi guys, We have a HP Probook 450 G2 with Windows 10, only bought within the last 2 years, but it's become quite slow especially on startup. We haven't downloaded lots of programs etc on it, it says the C: disk has 329/450GB free. I also ran CCleaner to clean up files...