Windows 10: Laptop slows down while plugged in

Discus and support Laptop slows down while plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know why, but my laptop gets four times faster when running on battery over charging. Plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hoz6 Not plugged in:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by some person_394, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Laptop slows down while plugged in

I don't know why, but my laptop gets four times faster when running on battery over charging.

Plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hoz6

Not plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hp9m

My laptop is plugged in almost all the time, and there are charging issues with the laptop as well. It would be a lot easier for me if I could get these speeds while plugged in. Does anyone have a solution?

Edit: The 30% you see in the "plugged in" screenshot doesn't change. It's consistently 30% and won't even go 1% lower or higher.

:)

some person_394, Sep 22, 2019
  2. JuliaBee Win User

Laptop extremely slow when plugged in

I've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the second I unplug it--no
    problem at all. I've found a lot of similar complaints across different platforms, but none of the suggested solutions are working for me. My power settings are all set to high performance when plugged in and cooling policy is set to active when plugged in
    (but the laptop isn't overheating, it's at ~37 celsius and the change from normal to slow is so instantaneous when I plug in the charger that it wouldn't even have time to heat up).

Is there anything I can try or am I doomed to my laptop being downright unusable while charging?

JuliaBee, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Laptop slows down while plugged in

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Laptop slows down while plugged in

1. Laptop slows down while plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop slows down

2. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on: Lenovo gamer laptop ideapad with internal battery. Laptop shutdown with a click while charger is plugged in and now doesn’t turn on or show any sign of charging, what could be the problem? It’s basically dead...
  3. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in: Hi allA bit of a strange question here but my file explorer starts slowing down and lagging when I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop. I am currently running Windows 10, however I only started seeing this problem after running the BIOS update about 2 weeks ago on my HP...
  4. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in: Hi allA bit of a strange question here but my file explorer starts slowing down and lagging when I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop. I am currently running Windows 10, however I only started seeing this problem after running the BIOS update about 2 weeks ago on my HP...
  5. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  7. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  8. Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.

Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.: Laptop: HP EliteBook 8540w O.S: Windows 10 After a year of buying this laptop, when the battery used to be lower than 80% Either plugged in or not, the system used to slow down to the point of being unusablegames and videos lagging, webpages become unresponsive and etc.....
  9. Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while: In the past few weeks, my laptop has been slowing down after being in game for a few mins. The first 10 mins would be running just fine with high fps. After the initial 10 mins, the fps drops drastically until the game becomes unplayable. I tried messing around with the...
  10. Laptop significantly slows down while charging/plugged in

Laptop significantly slows down while charging/plugged in: TL;DR is at the end of the post Hello everyone. My current laptop is an HP 15-r218nv. I know this isn't the best laptop for gaming, but it gets the job done. I have bought it 3 years ago and it has worked great throughout all this time. Last year, the laptop began to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my laptop is slow while plugged in and fast while plugged out

2. laptop slows down when plugged in