Windows 10: Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

Discus and support Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by munchkins, Dec 9, 2018.

1. munchkins Win User

Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

Hey everyone,

I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop just restarts. This has like a 30% chance of happening, the rest of the time it works perfectly.

It's been happening since I bought it but it didn't effect me because I usually shut down or hibernate but I've recently switched to putting it to sleep more so it's started to become an issue.

All the drivers are up to date and so is the BIOS.

Not really sure what's going on so I'm looking for some advice.

Thanks for reading.

:)

munchkins, Dec 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Dec 9, 2018
  3. capnp72 Win User
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

Laptop keeps restarting after sleep with SanDisk Ultra II 960GB

I'm having issues with my new SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD in Asus Q550LF laptop running Windows 10: laptop keeps resetting after being woken up from sleep.

Looking in Windows event log, sleep event is actually missing. This event was logged while I used HDD which came originally with the laptop.

I installed SanDisk SSD dashboard and everything seems ok. Firmware is up to date. I've disabled HIPM in Power Options as suggested in another forum.

Any hints what could resolve this before I try to sell this SSD or send it back to SanDisk?

satellite779, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

1. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep. - Similar Threads - Laptop sometimes restarts

2. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  3. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  4. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  5. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  6. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode: I'm facing issues with my Win10 Asus Laptop for about 3 weeks now when it wakes up from sleep. It takes a long time to load and then does a full restart. When it restarts my audio doesn't work and the audio icon shows me "no audio output device installed" Anyone facing the...
  8. Laptop shuts downand restarts sometimes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts downand restarts sometimes when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my laptop, I have set it to go to sleep and it wakes up when I open the lid. This usually works. But sometimes, when I open the lid, the screen remains off. I press any key on the keyboard and the keyboard lights up but the screen does not. After...
  9. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  10. Windows 10 crashes when woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes when woken up from sleep: Hello! After the most recent update was pushed out and after I updated my PC, I have been noticing that whenever I wake up my PC from sleep, it will immediately get a blue screen. It won't go from my desktop to the blue screen, the first thing I see on my monitor is the blue...