Windows 10: Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second

Discus and support Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have this weird problem with my laptop: sometimes, randomly, everything slows down to a crawl for more or less a second. And I mean really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by theSyd, May 14, 2020.

1. theSyd Win User

Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second

Hello, I have this weird problem with my laptop: sometimes, randomly, everything slows down to a crawl for more or less a second. And I mean really everything, audio, video, inputs. I’m trying to find a source of this problem.
    The machine is the one on my profile. It has a sata m.2 ssd, 500MB/s r/w. I'm running w10 2004 19041.264, and I had the same problem with 1909, 1903.

I've tried:
    sfc
    dism
    updating windows
    updating graphics drivers
    updating chipset drivers
    changing audio card drivers

:)

theSyd, May 14, 2020
  2. Paulieg Win User

[FS]   e4600 MO stepping

e4600 MO stepping for sale. I've been running this chip in my second rig for about 6 months. Nice chips, and has only seen very mild overclocking.
    $50 shipped OBO.

Paulieg, May 14, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, May 14, 2020
  4. Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second

Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second

1. Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second - Similar Threads - Laptop sometimes slow

2. My gaming laptop sometimes freezes / stutters for like a second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop sometimes freezes / stutters for like a second.: This never happened before i fully factory resetted everything on my laptop. I have added 8gb ram and 500gb SSD before but i dont think thats the issue. Any help?...
  3. My gaming laptop sometimes freezes / stutters for like a second.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming laptop sometimes freezes / stutters for like a second.: This never happened before i fully factory resetted everything on my laptop. I have added 8gb ram and 500gb SSD before but i dont think thats the issue. Any help?...
  4. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 184113
  5. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 183882
  6. Computer sometimes gets slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer sometimes gets slow.: And by slow I mean it is fucked. Can't open firefox, cant open snipping tool, i couldnt even create a .txt file! etc etc. This is fixed by a simple reboot, with the the power supply switch, because the normal shut down button wont do anything. I will also mention that...
  7. Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...: I gave my ASUS TUF FX504 1TB SSD and 16 GB RAM for servicing twice after I had purchased it in late 2018 September I think. Ever since it was working fine till somewhere in July 2020 a windows update messed it up. My laptop would suddenly have horrible boot time, It would...
  8. Discussing operational MOs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discussing operational MOs...: There is much talk & many approaches to Pinning, Start menu, Tiles or NOT, full-screen Start, desktop icons (& or shortcuts) & these showing OR NOT & more. It the midst of it all, sharing these pics. A rarely used Start menu, an oft used Applications window & a clean, clear,...
  9. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up: Hi, I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse. I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a SSD, and received random BSOD's once in every 2-3 weeks maybe, so I just put up with it. But the SSD has eventually stopped...
  10. slow cold boot (sometimes)

slow cold boot (sometimes): Ok, have a Sabertooth x79/3930k and an Intel 750ssd 1.2tb. Sometimes on a cold boot it will take say 15 seconds to load to desktop and sometimes over double that 30 seconds or so. Also it warm boots consistently in the 30 second range. Any help to understand the cold...