Windows 10: Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones)

Discus and support Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I don't usually post in these forums, but the problem I have is driving me absolutely crazy, and I don't have the luxury to drop off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wjdgone, Oct 9, 2018.

1. wjdgone Win User

Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones)

Hello all,

I don't usually post in these forums, but the problem I have is driving me absolutely crazy, and I don't have the luxury to drop off my laptop at a repair place for 1+ week.

The problem is basically what I said in the title. I'm using an Asus Q525, Windows 10, and whenever I play any kind of sound on my laptop, either headphones plugged in or not, there's this really annoying cracking sound that sometimes is bearable because it's soft, but sometimes it's really noticeable and I can't listen to anything. I know it's a laptop problem and not my headphones because my headphones work just fine with other devices.

I tried pretty much all of the troubleshooting tips I already found online. Since I'm no techie, I really don't want to open up my laptop to find out the hardware issue. Here's a laundry list of things I tried:

- Updating my audio driver
    - Changing sound format to 16 bit DVD Quality
    - Disabling sound enhancement
    - Uninstalling Realtek High Defn Audio from device manager and installing High Defn Audio (not Realtek)
    (I had to give up on this one because no sound refused to play after I did this, so I reverted back to Realtek)
    - Changing power settings so that the min processor state is set at 100%.

Literally nothing works. When I did the 4th bullet point (after I reinstalled Realtek), the problem actually seemed to go away but it came right back after 5 mins or so. I'd very much appreciate any help.

:)

wjdgone, Oct 9, 2018

2. Laptop Speakers

My laptop speakers and headphones are working, its just that whenever I am using my headphones and not my speakers. The speakers on my laptop will sometimes make a crackle or pop sound.

MattThomas_738, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Andrei23 Win User

Laptop speaker crackling noise problem

Hello,

My laptop has developed a very annoying crackling noise in the right speaker as of late. I started noticing it as I was listening to some music on it, and then it gradually got worse and worse to the point that I couldn't bear it any more. I do not get this problem when I wear headphones, it's just the right speaker acting up. The laptop is new (less than two months old) and still under warranty. At the moment I have turned the speaker off and I am only running off the left one when not using headphones. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Also, I don't think it's driver related because the left speaker works flawlessly and I don't get the same annoying crackling sounds when using headphones.

Andrei23, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones) - Similar Threads - Laptop Sound Crackling

2. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  3. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  4. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  5. Popping, crackling sound

Popping, crackling sound: I have a Razer Kraken Kitty - Quartz, it's been working fine but recently I hear popping or crackling sounds coming from my headset. My headset is fine when I plug it into other devices so it is not my headset problem. It uses a USB port, when I unplug it and plug it into...
  6. Laptop speakers start crackling sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speakers start crackling sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after 6 or 7 minutes, speakers start making crackling sound. Then I disable and re-enable the speakers, then it becomes fine. After 6 or 7 minutes, it again starts making crackling sound. I...
  7. Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.

Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.: Good evening, I have a problem in my new Dell G7 7700, I have updated my drivers and the Bios even and reinstalled Windows 10. The problem persists I do not know what it is really about I am attaching the google drive link of the video just when the problem appears....
  8. Crackling Sound on Speaker

Crackling Sound on Speaker: I got a crackling sound in the front left satelite that doesn't go away whatever I do I did: 1.Restarted the system 2.Changed the wires 3.Changed the satelites between them to check if it's the satelite, and the sound comes from the exact same place front left even after...
  9. Sound crackling (Static noise) on Windows 10 Laptop speakers and Wired headphones.

Sound crackling (Static noise) on Windows 10 Laptop speakers and Wired headphones.: I have this (brand new) Lenovo laptop having Windows 10 Home Single Language x64, latest build (KB4550945). Though I got this laptop around two months ago, I was using only Bluetooth audio devices, so I didn't check the audio output. While Bluetooth output was just fine, the...
  10. Sound Popping/Crackling

Sound Popping/Crackling: Over the past few days my laptop sound has been crackling and popping both through the speakers and headphone jack. I tried all the methods I could find of reinstalling drivers and messing with the sound control panel settings. Does anyone know why this happened? I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crackling sound of speakers windows 10 1903

2. soft crackling sound dell 9365 motherboard