Windows 10: Laptop sound device not working

Discus and support Laptop sound device not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to resolve an issue on my laptop for some time. The sound device is no longer working and when I run a troubleshoot it takes me round... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ValWebster, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Laptop sound device not working

I've been trying to resolve an issue on my laptop for some time. The sound device is no longer working and when I run a troubleshoot it takes me round in circles saying restarting my laptop will resolve it, but it doesn't. Initially it comes up saying the Realtek Audio Driver is not installed. Please help

:)

ValWebster, Jun 5, 2020

2. Sound Not Working

Hi Enna,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the sound on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information for better assistance:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers after performing reset on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the audio on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Laptop sound device not working

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop sound device not working

1. Laptop sound device not working - Similar Threads - Laptop sound device

2. Sound Device not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Device not working: Hello.I've been experiencing a bad trouble after I installed windows 10 on my PC When i plug my headphone into the PC, it doesn't emit any sounds, even though its already connected Connected means that the headphone is on depends that the light accesory on the headphone is...
  3. Sound Device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Device not working: Hello.I've been experiencing a bad trouble after I installed windows 10 on my PC When i plug my headphone into the PC, it doesn't emit any sounds, even though its already connected Connected means that the headphone is on depends that the light accesory on the headphone is...
  4. Sound Device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No more sound input device work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No more sound input device work: Hi, While trying to create a macro to desactivate my microphone the same way we can do with the camera I think I messup my input device with some powershell command. Any Input device external USB microphone, webcam doesn't work anymoreThe only way I can find en error code is...
  6. MY INPUT SOUND DEVICE IN NOT WORKING.

MY INPUT SOUND DEVICE IN NOT WORKING.: MY INTERNAL SOUND OPTION HAS BEEN DISABLE AND IN TROUBLESHOOT AND THEY ARE SAYING THAT MY INPOUT SOUND DEVICE IS NOT THERE SO WHAT SHOULD I DO IN THIS POSITION?...
  7. Sound not working on laptop.

Sound not working on laptop.: Hi everyone, I own a Lenovo 920 yoga laptop and just recently the sound has stopped working in the internal speakers. The speaker driver is Realtek High Definition AudioSST. I have, 1. Tried factory resetting my laptop and no sound. 2. Update driver but no sound. 3....
  8. Sound device working but sound isn't played back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound device working but sound isn't played back: I've reinstalled the drivers, un then replugged the sockets, it's a 3.5 jack. Troubleshooted many times, check the audio if it was muted, looked to see if it was disabled; all fine. It might with what I had to do earlier, I honestly can't remember very well but all I did...
  9. Laptop Sound is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Sound is not working: Recently, my laptop began cutting out any sound from Discord, everything else worked fine, but now it's cut off sound from Google Chrome and Discord, while everything else is fine. I'm not sure if this question goes here or not, considering most sound actually works, but...
  10. sound on my laptop not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound on my laptop not working: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 OS. I cannot hear sounds from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-on-my-laptop-not-working/ca725714-32a7-4341-82d2-76f979b4d0ea