Windows 10: Laptop speaker having sound issue

Discus and support Laptop speaker having sound issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. hello sir i have issue with my speaker of laptop having pop up sound issue.plz help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VINODTHAKUR1, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Laptop speaker having sound issue

Split from this thread.​

hello sir i have issue with my speaker of laptop having pop up sound issue.plz help me

:)

VINODTHAKUR1, Feb 11, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Laptop speaker having sound issue :p

cadaveca, Feb 11, 2021
  3. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date.

I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.)

The following are my troubleshooting steps.

------------------------------

Windows Audio is running.

External speakers are disconnected.

In Device Manager > Sound

Disable, then re-enable:

- IDT High Definition Audio
    - Intel Display Audio

That did not resolve the issue.
    ------------------------------------
    Download and run: Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

-------------------------------------

Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab

Select "Speakers/Headphones"

Click Configure

Click Test

Both speakers pass

-----------------------------------------

Sound is OK from both speakers when they are connected. But on this specific laptop, I really have no interest in any sound coming from the external speakers (or headphones). I simply want the sound from the laptop itself.

How can I restore my sound?

Footnote: I have no Realtek driver. Is that unusual? I can't remember whether the old laptop actually had a Realtek.

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Louie Del Win User

Laptop speaker having sound issue

No Sound through laptop speakers

Hi Fran,

If you’re having a sound issue, it can be due to a driver malfunction, incompatibility issues or an update is needed to be performed. To isolate your concern, we’d like to ask the questions below:

• What’s the Windows version and build installed on your device? To get this information, type
      winver in the Search box.
    • Were there any recent updates happened prior to the issue?
    • Are you using another device or the built-in speakers on your device?
    • Have you encountered any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a
      screenshot
    • Have you already tried
      running the troubleshooter
      which was the suggested step above? How did it go?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Louie Del, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Laptop speaker having sound issue

1. Laptop speaker having sound issue - Similar Threads - Laptop speaker having

2. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  3. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  4. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  5. I have issue in my laptop speaker

6. Issue with sound from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with sound from speakers: My laptop is having a hiccup right now. It won't play sound now during the time of this post but when I restart it, it plays sound no problem. Well, until I log off of my laptop and close it, then when I log back on, absolutely NO SOUND is coming from the laptop speakers. Is...
  7. Issue with sound from speakers

Issue with sound from speakers: My laptop is having a hiccup right now. It won't play sound now during the time of this post but when I restart it, it plays sound no problem. Well, until I log off of my laptop and close it, then when I log back on, absolutely NO SOUND is coming from the laptop speakers. Is...
  8. Issue with sound from speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. speaker/sound issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speaker/sound issues: have tried everything i can think of settings, troubleshooting, tests, technical advice, etc and im usually able to figure these type of issues on my own but this one has me stumped - thanks so much - sorry for the general info but i am easy to direct so any help is...
  10. Issue with External Speakers/sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with External Speakers/sound: I updated Windows 10 today and lost the External speakers and sound on my desktop computer. I have plugged in and unplugged in my external speakers and the computer does not recognize them. Everything was working prior to the Windows 10 update. Any suggests on how to fix?...