Windows 10: Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

Discus and support Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jc_105, May 5, 2023.

1. Jc_105 Win User

Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall exactly what happenedThe specific issue is that for my laptop speakers, anything 1--100 volume has the same volume. A master volume of 0 mutes the speakers, but anything at a volume of 1-100 all have the same loudness.This only applies to my laptop Realtek speakers specifically, as my Bluetooth headphones adjust volume with

:)

Jc_105, May 5, 2023
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The change in master volume won’t affect the volume on your headset until and unless the device is set as
    default. I suggest you to set the headphone as default device and see if the issue persists.

• Connect the audio device to your PC.
    • Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on your headset and set it as default audio device.
    • Exit sound control panel, and check if the issue persists.

Additional Information: Turtle
    Beach Recon 600 for Xbox One - PC compatibility

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 5, 2023
  3. Master Volume not working

Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no avail

Serhii Havrylov1, May 5, 2023
  4. sap || Win User

Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

Windows 10 Volume mixer linked to balance in realtek HD Audio app instead of master volume mixer

Hi!

I have a very odd behavior in Windows 10 now with the Threshold Update:

DTS 5.1 sound now works with my Realtek ALC 1150 device. Great!

However, the main windows 10 volume mixer does not correlate with the volume mixer in the realtek HD Audio app.

When I change the Windows 10 volume mixer (volume up or down) it does not apply to all audio channels (speaker channels) simultaneously. Some are being turned down (or up) as I move the slider. However, this changes the balance (since not all speakers
    are changes simultaneously) but now the overall volume. This clearly happens because the master mixer in windows 10 does not apply the settings to all speaker channels.

The only think I do not get... why? Why does the master mixer not change all speakers simultaneously but only some...

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

sap ||, May 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume? - Similar Threads - Laptop Speaker RealtekR

2. Changing volume doesn't change sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing volume doesn't change sound: I have the same exact problem as the person below, however my laptop is Windows 11, while theirs is a Windows 10.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-volume-doesnt-change-sound/fbf5faab-ed4e-4ca1-9b2c-0dae70160b62...
  3. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?: Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall...
  4. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?: Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall...
  5. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  6. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  7. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  8. Audio changing volume when changing apps

Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  9. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!: Hi, Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app volume to control volume. I'm on Windows 10 but i had this problem on Windows 7 too. For my audio i'm using USB-audio running to...
  10. Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600: So I bought a Turtle Beach Recon 600 along with the PC adapter which allows to use the headset in bluetooth. Everything works great other than when I use it on the PC it only has one sound volume. The Master Volume doesn't effect the headset at all as I can have it at 0%...