Windows 10: Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Discus and support Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MidKnight Swami, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed as "Speaker/Headphone." Surely, this is not a feature people wanted. There is no problem when using Bluetooth headphones, just the audio jack.

:)

MidKnight Swami, Jan 12, 2019
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jan 12, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User

Here is the "Advanced Settings" (upper right corner of main panel) in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time [​IMG]

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time [​IMG]

fireberd, Jan 12, 2019
  4. txstoby Win User

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

In the past, every time I plugged in my headphones, the speakers would automatically stop playing. I did not change anything, but now the headphones and speakers play at the same time.

txstoby, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

1. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time - Similar Threads - Laptop speakers plugged

2. Headphones plugged in but speakers still play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones plugged in but speakers still play: Hello! I have a problem i couldnt solve by watching youtube videos I tried every single thing i found on youtube and on the internet . It all happend yesterday. I got my laptop back from service i had some motherboard problems and when I wanted to use my headphones they didnt...
  3. Headphones plugged in but speakers still play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones plugged in but speakers still play: Hello! I have a problem i couldnt solve by watching youtube videos I tried every single thing i found on youtube and on the internet . It all happend yesterday. I got my laptop back from service i had some motherboard problems and when I wanted to use my headphones they didnt...
  4. Headphones plugged in but speakers still play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...: So i wanted to record with my headphone mic but let the audio play through the laptop, but when I open the sound settings, they both for some reason use the same realtek HD Audio speaker, and I can't disable just the headphone audio or anything, is there a fix or a way for me...
  6. Speaker / Headphones playing at same time and they are 1 drive.

Speaker / Headphones playing at same time and they are 1 drive.: Hello , so I have this problem for a long time. I use to have 2 drives the speaker and my headphones then I plug out my headphones and I when plug them in back Windows didnt recognized themJACK PORT. I tried to plug out and plug in and also didnt work then I download realtek...
  7. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  8. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  9. speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play

speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play: I recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion gaming desktop. It has a combo jack on the front and the regular 7.1 channel audio jacks on the back. I have speakers plugged in the back and a headset/microphone plugged into the front...….as soon as I plug the headset into the...
  10. Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in: I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in. 97425

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i unplugged my headset from my laptop and plugged it back in and it plays out of my laptop

2. sound plays in both headphone and speakers in dell laptop

3. on my asus lloptap the speaker play while the headphones are plugged in

4. headphone plugged in speaker still works hp laptop