Windows 10: Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack

Discus and support Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, usually when I plug in my headphones into the audio jack, my laptop gives me a small popup in the bottom right corner saying something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eunice Sanchez, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack

So, usually when I plug in my headphones into the audio jack, my laptop gives me a small popup in the bottom right corner saying something like headphones were inserted, and I would press "okay" and I could listen to my music. But for some reason, I'm inserting it into the audio jack and the sound plays out loud from the laptop's speakers. The popup isn't even coming up. I've tried going into the sound settings or the "manage audio devices" settings, but I haven't been able to fix the problem. Even when I take it out of the audio jack, my laptop isn't alerting me that something was disconnected from it, like it usually does, so I think it isn't detecting that something was connected in the first place. It was working less than around four hours ago. If anybody could answer my question I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

:)

Eunice Sanchez, Nov 11, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack [​IMG]

fireberd, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones.

With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected there are no headphones detected at all.

I have tried updating drivers but it didn't make a difference.

BeccaBee12, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack

Alienware M14x R2 Audio Playing Through Both Speakers and Headphones. Win10

When I updated my Alienware m14x R2 to windows 10, my audio jacks would not work at all, and since then I have reinstalled the Soundblaster Recon3di Drivers and am now encountering another similar issue;

When I plug my headphones into the headphone audio jack (the closest one to the front of the laptop) on my laptop the sound from my laptop plays through both the speaker and the headphones. When I plug the headphones into the headset jack (second from the
    front) nothing plays through my headphones and only through the speakers does sound come out.

I have tried a number of options to solve this problem with no results

I have;

• Tried to update the driver (Soundblaster Recon3di) software but it says it is up to date
    • Tried to reinstall the same driver by uninstalling it and restarting the laptop but the same problem occurred again
    • Tried to install the same driver directly from the dell website but ended up with the same problem again
    • And tried to switch the same driver to the windows generic driver but still encountered the same problem

I want my laptop to differentiate between playing sound through headphones and the onboard speakers and doing so accordingly.

A solution to this issue would be fantastic.

Saintnizair, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack

1. Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack - Similar Threads - Laptop Speakers Continue

2. laptop headphone jack does not play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop headphone jack does not play audio: my dell laptop Latitude 3510 windows 11 audio jack does not recognize output. if i plug wired ear buds it shows input microphone but no audio speaker output to play sound...
  3. laptop headphone jack does not play audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop headphone jack does not play audio: my dell laptop Latitude 3510 windows 11 audio jack does not recognize output. if i plug wired ear buds it shows input microphone but no audio speaker output to play sound...
  4. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  5. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  6. No audio playing through headphones when I plug them into jack and continues to play...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio playing through headphones when I plug them into jack and continues to play...: Hello, I have a pair of sony headphones that I have used with my computer. Whenever I plugged my computer in, a pop-up menu would ask me if I would like to switch over to headphones. I checked don't ask me again and my computer speakers won't switch over to my headphones....
  7. No sound when inserting earphone into audio jack

No sound when inserting earphone into audio jack: Hi guys, there was an upgrade to Wins 10 2004 version and after the upgrade, my sound from audio jack has become distorted. Hence I rolled back to the previous version of Win 10 but problem still persist. After reading some solutions, I tried uninstalling the realtek driver...
  8. Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack: Hi, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running latest Windows Version 10 64-bit. Is there a way in setting to select the headphones as the output device automatically when the headphones are connected to the Audio jack? When the headphones are connected to the audio jack, a...
  9. Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing: Hi, my audio jack stopped working. My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack. I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible but the computer shows it's playing, just a faint click. I've...
  10. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound speakers continue when headphone is inserted laptop

2. sounds using headset and laptop outloud

3. dell inspiron audio plays outloud when headphones are in

4. speakers continue whern hradphonesd connected,
  5. speakers continue when earbuds plugged in