Windows 10: Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal

Discus and support Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've suddenly encountered a problem with my laptop speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD) where the volume level has decreased. I would normally keep it at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GlazedBacon2001, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal

I've suddenly encountered a problem with my laptop speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD) where the volume level has decreased. I would normally keep it at 40 but now I have to raise it to 70-80 to hear sound decently. I've tried updating my audio drivers and did troubleshoots but both have proven futile. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

GlazedBacon2001, Jul 27, 2019
  2. DeriLoko3 Win User

Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker

I was changing the sound settings to make the Stereo Mix volume higher, including when I record something, but no luck.

Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal [​IMG]

Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal [​IMG]

DeriLoko3, Jul 27, 2019
  3. HELP: Windows Volume Randomly Lowers and then Returns Issue

Hi, this has been happening constantly, I just never bothered to fix it until now, when its really starting to get on my nerves....

The volume of my PC sometimes randomly lowers the volume, and then the volume level returns to normal. In the process of shifting volume, there are some slight static noises.

This generally happens when the computer is being loaded down(like while gaming, or watching Youtube)

The volume bar doesn't change at all, just the actual speaker shifts in volume.

If I plug in earbuds, this still happens, just with the speakers of the earbuds alone.

Here's what I've tried already:

-check for new updated audio driver

-reinstalling the Realtek audio driver

-run troubleshoot

-disable all enhance audio settings

-checking off "don't do anything" in the communications settings

-restarting the computer multiple times

Any other suggestions?

ECPcharles, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal

Logitech speaker

Hello,

The reason why your external speaker is not producing sounds on your laptop is because it is currently not selected.

To select a speaker on your computer, do the following:

• Click on the Speaker icon located on the lower right corner of your computer's taskbar.
    • On the speaker volume slider, you should see an arrowhead pointing up or down.
    • Click on the arrowhead and select the speaker that you wanted to use.
    • Adjust the volume and your external speaker will produce a sound which means that it is currently in use.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Joe Men, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal

1. Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal - Similar Threads - Laptop speakers lower

2. Speaker volume randomly lowering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume randomly lowering: I have an MSI GE66 Raider laptop with Windows 10 Home, Realtek HD Audio and Nahimic. I purchased it in December and have experienced a strange problem ever since.While using virtually any program with audio Youtube in MS Edge, any game, etc., the speaker volume will...
  3. The speakers reproduce sounds at a lowered volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The speakers reproduce sounds at a lowered volume: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/r4f43l_gu3rr3r0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqshrm/the_speakers_reproduce_sounds_at_a_lowered_volume/
  4. Will this thing be fixed? (speaker lowering volume while on mic)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will this thing be fixed? (speaker lowering volume while on mic): [ATTACH] As you can see, this thing exists for maybe 5 years and i wonder what could be done? The bug is that when i use microphone with this specific device, windows changes the whole sound settings, like music app shows music again like there is a new speaker...
  5. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  6. my laptop volume will get lower and lower after windows update.

my laptop volume will get lower and lower after windows update.: I updated windows 10 and now the sound on my laptop will get quieter and quieter untell you can now here it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-volume-will-get-lower-and-lower-after/2b8f49e5-376e-4b1f-8f4c-25f70d609519
  7. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  8. Bluetooth Speaker at Full Volume; Sounds Like It's Much Lower

Bluetooth Speaker at Full Volume; Sounds Like It's Much Lower: I have a Bluetooth speaker that suddenly won't output at full volume. The PC and soundbar both show they are at full volume but the sound from the soundbar is very low. I have tried unplugging it, unsyncing it and nothing fixes it....
  9. Mic voice is lower than my normal voice and distorted.

Mic voice is lower than my normal voice and distorted.: I have already tried the boost function and it didn't work and I really have high hopes on coming here. My voice is lower as I said and very distorted (like at least a one or two octave lower, to the point I sound like a male) It's a pain in a neck to record with and I...
  10. Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker

Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker: I was changing the sound settings to make the Stereo Mix volume higher, including when I record something, but no luck. [img] [img] 108866