Windows 10: Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everyone,Background: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Problem: Right after the update, the LAPTOP Speakers and Microphone both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sid Jhala, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Sid Jhala Win User

Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10

Hello Everyone,Background: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Problem: Right after the update, the LAPTOP Speakers and Microphone both stopped working. The Laptop Diagnostics HP says that the devices are NOT plugged in I have done all the usual steps of driver updates, enable / disable sequence, etc.Please help URGENTLY on resolving this problem. Many thanks in advance.

:)

Sid Jhala, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 17, 2022
  3. MarcusRR Win User
    In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

Many thanks for your response, Carlo. I've followed your suggestions, and in response to each section:

- Under additional troubleshooters ("other trouble-shooters"), there is no Speech troubleshooter. I have tried again the Recording Audio one again, and it continues to say the microphone is unplugged.

- Under Devise Manager, it says "The best drivers for your devise are already installed", but I then tried the route of selecting my own, but I couldn't see where old drivers are. It just lists two pieces of hardware: the Realtek microphone and High Definition Audio Devise. I selected the microphone and it updated the driver (there was no choices, it just updated), I then rebooted but it still says it's unplugged.

- In Control panel / Sound / Recording the microphone was already Enabled, although it says it's unplugged. I can't right-click to set it as default as the option is greyed out. There is also no levels volume slider in Properties. I went through all four tabs, but there's no volume slider

- I've restarted my computer but it's still unplugged.

My laptop is an ASUS Vivobook: System Model Vivobook_ASUSLaptop M3500QA_M3500QA

Thanks again

marcus

MarcusRR, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop Speakers Microphone

2. Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10: Hello Everyone,Background: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Problem: Right after the update, the LAPTOP Speakers and Microphone both stopped working. The Laptop Diagnostics HP says that the devices are NOT plugged in I have done all the usual steps of driver...
  3. Microphone is 'Unplugged'

Microphone is 'Unplugged': hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-unplugged/c04d5ce5-26c1-4fa6-98d1-7d57d93e9bae
  4. In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11: After working fine until now my inbuilt microphone RealtekR Audio on my Windows 11 laptop suddenly stopped working today. I have done a trouble-shoot and it says "The Microphone or headset is unplugged". It doesn't work with a headset either 3.5mm jack. The sound is working...
  5. In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11: After working fine until now my inbuilt microphone RealtekR Audio on my Windows 11 laptop suddenly stopped working today. I have done a trouble-shoot and it says "The Microphone or headset is unplugged". It doesn't work with a headset either 3.5mm jack. The sound is working...
  6. No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11: Dear all who may have the same problem as mine,I have installed the new Windows 11 on my laptop. Everything was fine right after the installation and then, I turn off my laptop. After a few hours, I turned on back my laptop and I can't hear any sounds as I played the usual...
  7. No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11

No sound from the laptop speaker after installing Windows 11: Dear all who may have the same problem as mine,I have installed the new Windows 11 on my laptop. Everything was fine right after the installation and then, I turn off my laptop. After a few hours, I turned on back my laptop and I can't hear any sounds as I played the usual...
  8. Windows 10 says no speaker device is installed after unplugging headphones on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 says no speaker device is installed after unplugging headphones on laptop: Hello guys. So I noticed that once I unplugg my headphones, I see that little red cross on the speaker icon on the taskbar. When I hover my mouse on it, it says that no speaker device is installed. I did this method of fixing, but it was temporary and the problem happened...
  9. Microphone is acting like a speaker on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is acting like a speaker on Windows 10 laptop: I bought a camera with a microphone installed too, but when I plug in the microphone jack to the mic jack on my laptop so there's only 1 jack, my audio mutes and the microphone doesn't work. I think that the microphone is treated as a headphone. Also, a day ago, when I...
  10. the speakers are unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the speakers are unplugged: Hello every one ... I have a problem in my desktop computer The speakers/headphone doesn't appeared It always says : the speakers are unplugged But when i boot in another system ( Linux mint ) it works properly without problems ! That's meaning the problem isn't in the...