Windows 10: laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

Discus and support laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ParminderSingh2000, Nov 19, 2020.

1. laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

:)

ParminderSingh2000, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Speakers don't work but headphones work

I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only the speakers are listed even when headphone are plugged in.

FourFeatures, Nov 19, 2020
  4. laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.

I'm really baffled here as to what's going on with my laptop audio. It was working just a few days ago from what I remember and now tonight when I was playing a game in Steam the audio just wasn't working. Checked audio settings in the game, all was good. Turned the game off and started testing using YouTube, still nothing. The volume is definitely up and I found that headphones work fine. When I open the 'Playback devices' dialogue from right clicking the speaker in the task bar it shows the green equalizer bar moving up and down if something is playing, but there's no audio. I've checked for any conflicting devices in here and ensured everything was enabled as per usual.

So far I've updated the drivers, uninstalled the drivers completely and reinstalled them (automatically after restarting laptop), and have checked for updates on my computer (all up to date). My device manger does have 2 drivers listed which I thought was weird, but maybe it has always been like this? I'm not sure honestly. I uninstalled both and they both came back after restarting. See the image here:

laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10 [​IMG]

Is there anything else to try? I thought uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them would fix it, but nope.

System details: Windows 10, Acer Aspire laptop (~7 months old? No issues thus far). Let me know if I need to provide any more details! Very frustrated and need to get to bed now because of work in the morning, but I will be sure to check back and try any suggestions and answer any questions.

simpsons403, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

1. laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop speakers working

2. Laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10: Speaker not working and headphones are workingMy issue is fixed and sharing the solution for the problem1. Mute and Unmute button does not respond to speakers.2. Taskbar: Click on "Toggle Mute" Speaker icon and it works perfectly. Solution provided in the below thread is hit...
  3. Laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10: Speaker not working and headphones are workingMy issue is fixed and sharing the solution for the problem1. Mute and Unmute button does not respond to speakers.2. Taskbar: Click on "Toggle Mute" Speaker icon and it works perfectly. Solution provided in the below thread is hit...
  4. Laptop speakers not working but headphones work windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek: All of a sudden, there's no audio coming from my headphones anymore. My computer recognizes them and shows that audio is being transferred to them, but I can't hear anything.I have:-Restarted my computer multiple times, both with and without the headphones plugged in-Turned...
  6. Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek: All of a sudden, there's no audio coming from my headphones anymore. My computer recognizes them and shows that audio is being transferred to them, but I can't hear anything.I have:-Restarted my computer multiple times, both with and without the headphones plugged in-Turned...
  7. Laptop speakers and headphone jack dont work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop speakers and headphone jack dont work?: My laptop was working fine last night but as I booted it up this morning the speakers dont work and connecting my usual headphones to the jack just renders static with no sounds from the laptop. I tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. I connected earphones and...
  8. Headphones working but speakers are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones working but speakers are not working.: So as of this morning I have a new problem. My headphones work just fine, but my speakers aren't working at all. Everything I've checked says that it's working properly, but no sound from the speakers. They were working last night when I put the computer to sleep. I...
  9. Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.

Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.: I'm really baffled here as to what's going on with my laptop audio. It was working just a few days ago from what I remember and now tonight when I was playing a game in Steam the audio just wasn't working. Checked audio settings in the game, all was good. Turned the game off...
  10. Speakers don't work but headphones work

Speakers don't work but headphones work: I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only...