Windows 10: Laptop speakers won't play audio on multiple apps

Discus and support Laptop speakers won't play audio on multiple apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently bought a new laptop HP Omen 15 with windows 10. I mostly use headphones so i only recently noticed this problem. From what i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boris Veenstra, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Laptop speakers won't play audio on multiple apps

Hello,

I've recently bought a new laptop HP Omen 15 with windows 10.

I mostly use headphones so i only recently noticed this problem. From what i have tested the only sound my speakers still play are that of Microsoft Teams. I've tried multiple browsers, spotify wont work, even the windows test sounds refuse to play giving me an error that they can't be played.

First i thought it was a hardware problem until Teams suddenly gave me sound, so now im not so sure.

Also i tried most of the troubleshooting found online. Also tried to reinstall Realtek drivers. Nothing works

Please let me know if any further explanation/information is needed.

:)

Boris Veenstra, Mar 3, 2021
  2. silkmaze Win User

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Mar 3, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Audio playing through speakers even when headphones plugged in.

Hi Jan,

Your audio might not play through your headset may be caused by conflicting audio software, or that your audio card may not have the latest drivers, etc. For us to isolate the issue in playing audio through your headset while your speakers are connected,
    kindly respond to the questions below:

• Have you checked if the audio cables are connected properly?
    • Does your computer have multiple audio input/output slots?
    • Are you using a USB audio device?
    • Have you checked the volume control of your device if there are separate controls for your headset and speakers?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Laptop speakers won't play audio on multiple apps

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Laptop speakers won't play audio on multiple apps

1. Laptop speakers won't play audio on multiple apps - Similar Threads - Laptop speakers won't

2. Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor: Sound was working fine with my 5.1 speakers until my desktop computer blue screened. Long story short, I had to re-install Windows 10. Once the re-install was complete, I noticed I no longer had sound from my speakers. The other sound source is from my monitor. It will only...
  3. Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor: Sound was working fine with my 5.1 speakers until my desktop computer blue screened. Long story short, I had to re-install Windows 10. Once the re-install was complete, I noticed I no longer had sound from my speakers. The other sound source is from my monitor. It will only...
  4. Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  6. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  7. Headset won't play audio.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset won't play audio.: Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right, it was, then I...
  8. Headphone audio won't transfer from laptop speaker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone audio won't transfer from laptop speaker: Hello! This is an issue that I have with my new ASUS ZenBook 14 ux433. Whenever I plug in my headphones into the laptop the audio notification pops up, giving me a choice of changing my audio to my headphones, and a drop-down box to select the audio type. Whenever I press...
  9. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time: Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed as...
  10. Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones: Not sure why but my laptop with windows 10 doesn't play sound anymore from other devices such as my headphones or 3rd party speakers. Not sure which version I'm using but my laptop just updated yesterday and the problem has existed for a long while even way before the update....