Windows 10: Laptop Start Hibernation during tasks.

Discus and support Laptop Start Hibernation during tasks. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To start off, I have a new ASUS Zephyrus G15, model GU503QR. It has an AMD 5900hs and an RTX3070. I use the laptop with an external monitor, and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoBeefus, Feb 21, 2021.

1. JoBeefus Win User

Laptop Start Hibernation during tasks.

To start off, I have a new ASUS Zephyrus G15, model GU503QR. It has an AMD 5900hs and an RTX3070. I use the laptop with an external monitor, and have "Choose what closing the lid does" option to "Do nothing," as well as, set the external monitor to primary or "Only display on 2."

At first I was having strange Kernel Power 41 errors that would crash my system. I narrowed that down to the nvidia driver. Ended up doing a restore but now I'm having other similar issues.

It still shuts down but now displays Kernel Power 42 and 187. Like the software is making the laptop enter a sleep state. I've never had these issues with other machines while keeping the lid closed but think it is, in some way, connected. Right now I am testing it with "Sleep never" and "Hibernate never." I will also attempt to pull the dump file if that can help. Below is the description of the Event Log leading up to the crash, or forced hibernation. Also, these were Notices not Errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+ Event 187, Kernel Power

User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling SetSuspendState or SetSystemPowerState APIs.

+System

-EventData

ApiCallerNameLength 141

ApiCallerName

\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_2346917970a59cb8\ASUSOptimization\AsusOptimization.exe

SystemAction 3

LightestSystemState 2

+ Event 42, Kernel Power

The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Application API

+System

-EventData

TargetState 5

EffectiveState 5

Reason 4

Flags 0

TransitionsToOn 1

:)

JoBeefus, Feb 21, 2021

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 21, 2021
  4. 2FNLOW Win User

Suggestions for multi-tasking laptop

Good day. I need some help picking out a new laptop and was wondering if I could get some suggestions from the members here.

The laptop will be for personal and business use and needs to be able to run multiple applications simultaneously with ease. It also has to have a Windows OS. As far as budget, I'm undecided, but I'm prepared to spend over $1,500. If you could, maybe suggest a low end laptop around $1,500 and another slightly better machine around the $2,000-$2,200 mark.

To give you an idea of what the machine will be handling on a daily basis, listed below are the applications I currently have running and usually have running at all times.

--Google Chrome with 7 tabs open (blogs/forums)
    --Photoshop CS4 with 3 files open, the largest being a 2550x3300 pixel, 35MB file
    --Spotify
    --Microsoft Word
    --FilaZilla Cilent
    --IrfanView

In an effort to help you better select a laptop for my needs, I've included a link below to a screenshot of my task manager so you can see how much memory these applications are using.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your help in advance.

2FNLOW, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop Start Hibernation during tasks. - Similar Threads - Laptop Start Hibernation

2. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  3. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate: I have set up a series of scheduled tasks to run on Monday morning, in order to automate the start of software that often takes about 5 minutes to start up. I normally start things at home while getting ready, then hibernate my machine, and then I can start working...
  4. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate: I have set up a series of scheduled tasks to run on Monday morning, in order to automate the start of software that often takes about 5 minutes to start up. I normally start things at home while getting ready, then hibernate my machine, and then I can start working...
  5. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Use task scheduler for hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Use task scheduler for hibernation: Windows 10 64 Pro ver. 2004 (os build 19041.1165) Most time window will not hibernate after the designated time has past and keeps on running. So I decided to use task scheduler to tell my computer to go to sleep. It works with one exception, it doesn't wait the 30 minutes...
  7. Abnormal Shutdown during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Abnormal Shutdown during Hibernate: Dear all,I hope you may help me in this situation.I have a fairly recent Dell XPS 9500, i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16,0 GB, 4k touch display.I am on the Dev insider ring, and currently on the last 21634 release.I am pretty satisfied with the system even if I have to admit the...
  8. Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler: With my Win 7 system, running on a desk-top, I have successfully configured Task Scheduler to restart from hibernation at a specified time of day. This works fine - the computer powers up and already loaded programs continue functioning. Problem is that with a Windows 10...
  9. Toshiba Laptop locked into Hibernate during boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba Laptop locked into Hibernate during boot: My Toshiba C55 wont boot. As soon as I push the power button it goes directly to the black 'hibernating' screen with the rotating circles and that is all it will do. This is the first time I have had any problem with this computer in over 4 years. One day its operating as...
  10. hibernate and fast start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate and fast start: I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated: If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled. ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled? 23920