Windows 10: laptop start up slightly slower

Discus and support laptop start up slightly slower in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i got a new laptop half a year ago and was suprised how fast it started compared to my old one literally under 5 seconds, now i noticed how "much"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/beesinthetrees, Jul 2, 2020.

1. laptop start up slightly slower

i got a new laptop half a year ago and was suprised how fast it started compared to my old one literally under 5 seconds, now i noticed how "much" slower it has gotten it. Its not a problem in anyway its just slightly slower maybe about 15-20seconds. Should i be worried about this im sure it used to be fast since i noted how fast it was.

not sure where to post this sorry if this is not the right reddit im just worried since its the most expensive thing ive ever owned.

thx in advance

Bees

submitted by /u/beesinthetrees
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/beesinthetrees, Jul 2, 2020

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Market Share August 2017 - W10 Up Slightly

Here is NetMarketShare's info for last month:
    • W10 up slightly
    • XP down slightly

laptop start up slightly slower [​IMG]

Data from NetMarketShare

lehnerus2000, Jul 2, 2020
  4. laptop start up slightly slower

Laptop freezes when moved slightly

Dear Sachin,

the answer to your questions are given below:

1. HP Pavillion p045tx notebook

2.No i didn't make any changes

3. How to check the 3rd step?Please let know what to do.

Sudipta Sen, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

laptop start up slightly slower

1. laptop start up slightly slower - Similar Threads - laptop start slightly

2. My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.: I decided to scan my HDD for fragmented files. The results were.. 50% of the files were fragmented! I used an app called O&O Defrag. After an 1 hour long defragmentation, I restarted my laptop and instead of getting a boost in performance, my system started working extremely...
  3. My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.: I decided to scan my HDD for fragmented files. The results were.. 50% of the files were fragmented! I used an app called O&O Defrag. After an 1 hour long defragmentation, I restarted my laptop and instead of getting a boost in performance, my system started working extremely...
  4. My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  6. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  7. Slower process - start up, documents and browsing

Slower process - start up, documents and browsing: I've updated my windows 10 to 2004 version. Now I've the following problems: 1. the windows logo appeared very slowly when I turned on my surface core i7, RAM 16. I'll take about 3.30 minutes to appear the windows desktop in my screen. 2. After that, everything runs but...
  8. Laptop running slower & slower

Laptop running slower & slower: I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and...
  9. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

My laptop is becoming slower and slower: I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over what Microsoft and...
  10. Start Menu Slight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Slight Issue: Has anyone else had an issue with start menu where you search for a particular program that runs when you click it but the sidebar of the start menu stays open? It doesn't do it all the time but its a bit of a bug bare really. I've had a look online and similar issues seem to...