Windows 10: Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

Discus and support Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Weird thing happened yesterday. Just before going to sleep I was watching a youtube video which i paused and closed my laptopclosing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yashwanth123, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

Hello everyone! Weird thing happened yesterday. Just before going to sleep I was watching a youtube video which i paused and closed my laptopclosing lid is set to sleep mode to go to bed. At 3am in the night a video started playing and I woke up by hearing the audio of that. I got freaked out and opened my laptop. Found out that the video which I paused started playing. I would like know the possible reasons for this. Did my laptop got hacked?

:)

yashwanth123, Jun 16, 2022

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 16, 2022
  3. Wake from Sleep - video playing before log in

I have just realised that if my laptop enters sleep (eg closing lid) whilst a youtube video is playing then when i wake it up the sound from that video plays before requiring a user to login.

is there anyway of preventing this happening?

Fantana1980, Jun 16, 2022
  4. SeanBliss Win User

Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

Windows Sleep Secretly Plays YouTube Videos for Hours While "Sleeping"

When I tell the computer to "sleep" while I'm watching youtube, it pretends to sleep and silently watches YouTube all night. It has done this multiple times.. When I click "sleep" the computer pretends to sleep by turning off the screen, and even the hard-drive
    and "thinking" lights turn off. I then go to sleep for hours while the computer sleeps too. Then I wake up and turn my computer back on. Here is what I find:

1. the computer mouse is often still hovering over the "sleep button" with the windows start menu up (as if it never vanished when clicked).
    2. You tube continues to play silently for hours.
    Today I found I'd been watching hours of political videos when I was sleeping and my computer screen and sounds were off because they were in "sleep" mode. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Why does sleep not mean sleep? Why does YouTube play 3 other videos when
    the computer is not supposed to by using it's computing power?

Someone recommended :

"In Advanced Power Settings, turn Hybrid Sleep OFF. Check also for Modern Sleep if you have it and turn that OFF as well. Restart and Suspend again. It should be now properly suspended". Unfortunately, "Allow hybrid sleep" already shows
    it was set to "off". I do not see Modern Sleep listed as an option.

Why is the computer still using the internet and playing videos (without sound or picture)? How can I make it "sleep" the way computers are supposed to sleep (without doing things and secretly using their processors and wasting battery power).

SeanBliss, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

1. Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop started playing

2. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  3. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  4. Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep: Hello everyone! Weird thing happened yesterday. Just before going to sleep I was watching a youtube video which i paused and closed my laptopclosing lid is set to sleep mode to go to bed. At 3am in the night a video started playing and I woke up by hearing the audio of that....
  5. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  6. Windows Sleep Secretly Plays YouTube Videos for Hours While "Sleeping"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Sleep Secretly Plays YouTube Videos for Hours While "Sleeping": When I tell the computer to "sleep" while I'm watching youtube, it pretends to sleep and silently watches YouTube all night. It has done this multiple times.. When I click "sleep" the computer pretends to sleep by turning off the screen, and even the hard-drive and "thinking"...
  7. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  8. Crashed while playing a Youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed while playing a Youtube video: I was watching Youtube on Chrome when it happened. I walked away from my computer so I'm not positive as to what else might have been open. I think 5KPlayer (a video player for Windows 10) was open too (per the system tray icon). Steam might have also been running. I got the...
  9. Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos: Hi All, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade I have been having problems with Windows 10 installation. The latest among these is that Windows 10 crashes after playing youtube videos for sometime with BSOD. In the message it says...
  10. Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos: Hi, I have a Dell S2415h monitor which comes with built in speakers in the monitor. I also have set the turn off monitor at 5 mins, and sleep at 15 mins. My problem is that when I view youtube videos more than 5 mins, the screen will turn off along with the built in...