Windows 10: Laptop started running horribly on battery

Discus and support Laptop started running horribly on battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; recently, my laptop has become unbearably slow when it is unplugged. I can't have a a single chrome tab open without the entire system lagging. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dank-Memes, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Laptop started running horribly on battery

recently, my laptop has become unbearably slow when it is unplugged. I can't have a a single chrome tab open without the entire system lagging. This is a new development as well and I can't figure out why. I did just upgrade my RAM, but it only started happening today, and my system acted fine when I first upgraded. I have also made sure everything is running in high performance mode.

System: Dell G7 running Windows 10 build 1809

Specs: Core i7 8750H

Intel UHD 630 graphics & GTX 1060 Max-Q

12 gb ddr4 ram

:)

Dank-Memes, Feb 27, 2019

2. Laptop battery problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your laptop battery, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter. Below are the steps:

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, look for and select
      Power
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Juntao Win User
    Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptop started running horribly on battery

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Laptop started running horribly on battery

1. Laptop started running horribly on battery - Similar Threads - Laptop started running

2. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.: I have an MSI laptop running windows 10 I was having issues with the battery so i replaced the battery by myself. It worked fine for a day and then when I came home and put it to charge , it shut down when it went off the adapter. I can still see the battery percentage to be...
  3. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.: I have an MSI laptop running windows 10 I was having issues with the battery so i replaced the battery by myself. It worked fine for a day and then when I came home and put it to charge , it shut down when it went off the adapter. I can still see the battery percentage to be...
  4. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery at 255% though laptop won't run off the battery!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery at 255% though laptop won't run off the battery!: Hi. A few weeks ago I thought I had a battery/power cable issue as whenever the power cable was removed from my laptop it went off, completely. I have since changed both the cable and battery but still have the same issue. This coincided with the May Windows update being...
  6. Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery

Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery: Hi, I'm using a Asus FX505GE laptop which installed Window 10. Recently, my laptop runs extremely slow on battery. Whenever I plug off the adapter or lets it runs on battery, the Laptop loses mouse pointer and start to run very slow - ALMOST FREEZING I tried to use Clt +...
  7. Laptop Battery at 0% and still running

Laptop Battery at 0% and still running: Happened to me. Anything to know about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-at-0-and-still-running/28fa0bfe-f285-4006-bea6-70636fb80b8a
  8. Laptop Battery at 0% but still running

Laptop Battery at 0% but still running: My laptop was running a program and was put into sleep for a few hours. I logged in a few hours later and my laptop was at 0% with 100% brightness on. I quickly plugged in my charger. Is there anything I should know about this?...
  9. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.: My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then charge. Icon bar at...
  10. BSOD when laptop runs on battery

BSOD when laptop runs on battery: Hey guys, I hope someone can help with this. I upgraded my Alienware laptop to windows 10 several months ago but only recently did I try running it on battery power and found out that it repeatably/seemingly randomly crashes. So far this ONLY seems to happen when running on...