Windows 10: Laptop starts but screen is black

Discus and support Laptop starts but screen is black in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my MSI Laptop is starting up but the screen stays black. I think I may have interrupted an update halfway through. I've looked around for answers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Regee123434, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Laptop starts but screen is black

So my MSI Laptop is starting up but the screen stays black.

I think I may have interrupted an update halfway through. I've looked around for answers and tried opening it up and removing the battery and replacing it, that didn't work.

How can I fix this?

:)

Regee123434, Sep 12, 2019
  2. joeyroks Win User

Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

You need to turn fast boot off in your control panel, I had the same issue but you need to boot your pc then when the black screen comes up you need to put your pc in sleep mode and then turn it on again, then you got the login screen.. I posted pictures to disable fast boot *Wink

Laptop starts but screen is black [​IMG]

joeyroks, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Virus-j Win User

Laptop starts but screen is black

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop starts but screen is black

1. Laptop starts but screen is black - Similar Threads - Laptop starts screen

2. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  3. Laptop Black Screen at Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black Screen at Start Up: Not a question, but the topics won't let me reply, so read this quick fix before you spend hours trying to fix your black laptop screen.I'm posting here to try and help others avoid spending hours with the other fixes that first show up online for a black laptop screen. My...
  4. Laptop Black Screen at Start Up

Laptop Black Screen at Start Up: Not a question, but the topics won't let me reply, so read this quick fix before you spend hours trying to fix your black laptop screen.I'm posting here to try and help others avoid spending hours with the other fixes that first show up online for a black laptop screen. My...
  5. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.: When I turn on my laptop, after my laptops company logo shows, it goes to a black screen with a cursor and I can move the cursor around, but I can't do anything else. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and a few others nothing works....
  6. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.: When I turn on my laptop, after my laptops company logo shows, it goes to a black screen with a cursor and I can move the cursor around, but I can't do anything else. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and a few others nothing works....
  7. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop starts up with black screen and buffering curser.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop starts up with black screen and buffering curser.: I can't sign in, atleast not that I know of. I have tried multiple times blindly to no avail. Here's what I've tried so far: -Open task manager (won't open) -reset display driver -safe mode(still blank screen) -system restore to 3 days ago -uninstall recent updates(I'm...
  9. Laptop starts normally, but black screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop starts normally, but black screen?: My laptop starts normally (Windows 10), but the lock screen appears briefly and then disappears. Can anyone help me? Laptop startet normal, aber schwarzer Bildschirm?
  10. Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after starting laptop (window 10): I have a ASUS N53S and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a ASUS screen and a...