Windows 10: Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

Discus and support Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZompixLorriper, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect will just drop from 100+ too 5fps.I tried to elevate it, use my fan near it so it cools off but nothing seems to do anything, maybe sitting closer to my window but even then I don't know.I don't have a error message file or any logs.I'm guessing it's a thermal throttling issue but tbh i'm not sure, I feel like my fans aren't

:)

ZompixLorriper, Feb 26, 2024

2. Laptop (HP Pavilion Gaming - 16a0xxx) suddenly started lagging over night. Lags on Google, youtube, reddit, and games.

Laptop started lagging over night. Posting this before work, so hopefully someone will comment.

Things I've tried..

• Going to device manager and right clicking all to try to update. No updates for anything.
    • Searching for PC updates. PC doesn't need updating.
    • Posting on other forums - no one else could help, sadly.
    • Restarting laptop. Doesn't fix issue.
    • Leaving laptop turned off for 8+ hours. Doesn't fix issue.
    • Literally checking to see if anything needed updating. Nothing needed updating.
    Exact symptoms..

• Lagging on any tab.
    • Audio chops when switching from YouTube to another tab.
    • Lagging on more than 2+ tabs open.
    • Lags if even one tab is open.
    • Slower to start up.
    • Playing games, even on low settings, and older games, is nearly impossible due to lag.
    • If two tabs are open, and I try to close one, it takes 20+ seconds to do so. Same goes for switching tabs.
    I've not downloaded anything new, I've got 7.8gb of 8.0gb of space left, so it isn't that.

I just need help, please.

Tara_Danielle, Feb 26, 2024
  3. games working fine for 10 mins but suddenly the frames drop to 10

i dont know why but whenever i play games for 5-10 mins it works fine and my cpu and disk give it sufficient power to run but after 10 mins suddenly my cpu and disk drop to 5-6% and frame suddenly drops to 10 fps i tried checking if it is a overheat issue and no it is not

basically after 10 mins of playing cpu and disk stop giving the game the power needed.

cyclopes_op, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task manager is that the game uses around 70% of CPU and then the game's fps drops and the CPU usage drops to 10% then it rises again to 70-80% then again suddenly drops to 10% and the game's fps also drops. I don't what's the reason for this.

My Specs :-

16 GB DDR4 ram 3200 Mhz

AMD Ryzen 5 5500u

Nvidia GTX 1650 GDDR 5 4 GB

Thank you for taking your time and reading this. (Don't mind my english, not my native)

YashSrivastava7, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

1. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming - Similar Threads - Laptop starts lagging

2. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  3. Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop starts lagging suddenly and cpu drops down to 10% while gaming: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  4. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  5. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while: After playing for around 1h-2h my laptop starts running really slow all of a sudden, my games drop down from 200fps down to like 15fpsfor games like rust it just completely goes to 1fps and then crashes, valorant will drop down from 200fps to 100 with stutter, Unturned ect...
  6. My gaming laptop starts lagging suddenly after gaming for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. fps suddenly drops while playing games , so does the cpu usage drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps suddenly drops while playing games , so does the cpu usage drop: as the title mentioned , my cpu usage drops which coincides with sudden frame drops in my games too. this has been happening on not so demanding , age old titles like dragons dogma etc. totally frustrated and I've tried several things at this point to deal with it. my specs...
  8. Sudden drop in fps while gaming

Sudden drop in fps while gaming: So I play this game called VALORANT on my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is about more than a year old and for a few weeks I am experiencing sudden frame drops while playing. It runs fine for a few moments and then again I experience the frame drops. I tried turning off my...
  9. Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming: So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task...
  10. Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming: So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task...