Windows 10: Laptop Starts Running While Closed

Discus and support Laptop Starts Running While Closed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently a college student who moves around campus a lot, so naturally when I finish with class, I put my computer to sleep, close the lid, stow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jasonwang7516, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Laptop Starts Running While Closed

I'm currently a college student who moves around campus a lot, so naturally when I finish with class, I put my computer to sleep, close the lid, stow it, and walk to my next class or study spot. For the past year, I'll sometimes open my backpack to find my computer has started running while the lid is closed. When I open the lid, there's nothing but a black screen and the only ways for the laptop to stop doing this is for the battery to die or for me to hard quit. This is a problem for several reasons.

1) I use my laptop all the time, especially for taking notes, so when I'm in between lectures or laptop uses, my computer will burn through all of its battery. It also gets very hot.

2) Starting my computer takes quite a long time. Someone advised me to shut down my computer every time I stowed it, but this wastes an immense amount of time as my computer takes a bit to fully boot up. This also means I have to remember which tabs/windows I had open prior to shut down.

I've tried looking for causes/solutions on the internet but haven't been able to find anything. I want to understand whether this is a software/hardware issue and how others who may have experienced this have dealt with the problem.

Specs:

Model: HP Envy x360 Convertible 15.6"

Processor: AMD FX-9800P Radeon R7

RAM: 8 GB

Any input is welcome and please let me know if more information is needed to solve the problem!

submitted by /u/jasonwang7516
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jasonwang7516, Jan 22, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 22, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Laptop Starts Running While Closed

My laptop always shuts off when I close the lid?

Hi,

There are several reasons why Windows Sleep Mode is not working such as corrupted files, or misconfigured settings. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the Power Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list of results.
    • On the left pane, click on View all link.
    • Look for Power from the list, and then click on it.
    • In the Power Troubleshooter window, you have to click on
      Next button. This will start the automatic detection and fixing of issues.
    • When the troubleshooting has been completed, you can click Close.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Starts Running While Closed

1. Laptop Starts Running While Closed - Similar Threads - Laptop Starts Running

2. Can i close my laptop monitor while it's running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i close my laptop monitor while it's running?: I am wondering if it's safe for my laptop to close the screen monitor while it's running or while it's on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-close-my-laptop-monitor-while-its-running/3b5342de-959e-4f96-8b11-97cdef85c0dc
  3. Can i close my laptop monitor while it's running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i close my laptop monitor while it's running?: I am wondering if it's safe for my laptop to close the screen monitor while it's running or while it's on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-close-my-laptop-monitor-while-its-running/3b5342de-959e-4f96-8b11-97cdef85c0dc
  4. Can i close my laptop monitor while it's running?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Display wont start after forcefully closing laptop while it was updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display wont start after forcefully closing laptop while it was updating.: Okay a few hours ago I was on my laptop and it suddenly closed, when I opened it again it started updating, I didn’t really have time for it to update so I decided to turn it off but when it turned back on I got a blue-screen, after this I turned it off but now it will not...
  6. Display wont start after forcefully closing laptop while it was updating.

Display wont start after forcefully closing laptop while it was updating.: Okay a few hours ago I was on my laptop and it suddenly closed, when I opened it again it started updating, I didn’t really have time for it to update so I decided to turn it off but when it turned back on I got a blue-screen, after this I turned it off but now it will not...
  7. Display wont start after forcefully closing laptop while it was updating.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Laptop beeps while running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop beeps while running.: Hello everyone, I just want to ask why my laptop does random count of beeps while running. My laptop does random count of beeps while running and it only happens once. It usually happens minutes after opening chrome. And the sound doesn't sound like it's coming from the...
  9. Laptop Playing Video While Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Playing Video While Closed: Yesterday night something creepy happened. I was watching a video on my laptop at 3 am. When I finished, I kept the tab open but closed my laptop to put it on sleep mode. At exactly 4 am, I was woken up by the sound of the same video I was watching playing from my laptop,...
  10. Calculator closing itself while starting.

Calculator closing itself while starting.: Hi, I have an issue with the Calculator app today, it's always closing while started. Before installing the cumulative updates last night, the app is working properly. Here is the event error log. General tab Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version:...