Windows 10: Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

Discus and support Laptop stays on black screen when restarting. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, today I bought a laptop model AN517-41 from Acer. The laptop I bought came as freedos and I had to install windows on the laptop myself. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ferhat Ozdemir, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

Hello, today I bought a laptop model AN517-41 from Acer. The laptop I bought came as freedos and I had to install windows on the laptop myself. I have been installing windows on computers for about 20 years and I am sure that no settings are wrong. But I am facing the following problem with the laptop I bought. The computer cannot be restarted or shut down from within the software in any way. When I say Save & Reboot from the bios, the keyboard lights stay on, the computer works but the screen stays black. When I say Save & Shutdown from Bios, the keyboard lights turn off, the compu

:)

Ferhat Ozdemir, Nov 19, 2022
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 19, 2022
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Nov 19, 2022
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

Some mornings, Laptop running, screen stays black...

First note: I changed the title of the thread. I do NOT have this problem every morning, which the original title implied that I do.

I did find your statement of "There was one user mode crash (application)." Interesting. I guess no info on what application that was?

All tests I ran passed:

Laptop stays on black screen when restarting. [​IMG]

56Kruiser, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

1. Laptop stays on black screen when restarting. - Similar Threads - Laptop stays black

2. My laptop stays in black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  3. My laptop stays in black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  4. Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.: Hello, today I bought a laptop model AN517-41 from Acer. The laptop I bought came as freedos and I had to install windows on the laptop myself. I have been installing windows on computers for about 20 years and I am sure that no settings are wrong. But I am facing the...
  5. Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.

Laptop stays on black screen when restarting.: Hello, today I bought a laptop model AN517-41 from Acer. The laptop I bought came as freedos and I had to install windows on the laptop myself. I have been installing windows on computers for about 20 years and I am sure that no settings are wrong. But I am facing the...
  6. Laptop restarts automatically + black screen

Laptop restarts automatically + black screen: Hello, please I need some assistance.1- My laptop was off and then suddenly the fans starts running at full speed, I unplugged the charger. 2- Since that, the laptop have a black screen and restarts every 15 seconds. 3- The keyboard lights are on and the fans also and they...
  7. Laptop restarts automatically + black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts automatically + black screen: Hello, please I need some assistance.1- My laptop was off and then suddenly the fans starts running at full speed, I unplugged the charger. 2- Since that, the laptop have a black screen and restarts every 15 seconds. 3- The keyboard lights are on and the fans also and they...
  8. My laptop turns on but screen stays black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop turns on but screen stays black: My laptop will turn on and lights will flash but the screen stays black. Ive tried connecting to a tv with an HDMI cord and it works like that but not without HDMI...
  9. Every morning, Laptop running, screen stays black...

in Windows 10 Support
    Every morning, Laptop running, screen stays black...: @zbook, you'll probably remember this. It does still continue. To bring things up to date: My laptop has been doing this for months. Posted 3-4 months ago, and you had me go through a lot of different diagnostics. My experience was that the laptop would do Windows Update...
  10. Laptop screen stays black after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen stays black after sleep: I have an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 laptop that's about 2 years old now. Over the past few weeks I've had an odd problem where frequently after it goes to sleep I'll wake it up and it seems to come awake but the screen stays black. I can see the power light comes on, the fan spins...