Windows 10: Laptop still died while plugged in.

Discus and support Laptop still died while plugged in. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So basically it was a normal day on my laptop yesterday untill suddenly today, It didn't go well. I turned it on and it worked but when i plugged the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WindowsXP4, May 22, 2021.

1. Laptop still died while plugged in.

So basically it was a normal day on my laptop yesterday untill suddenly today, It didn't go well. I turned it on and it worked but when i plugged the charge it doesn't work! My battery almost ran out! I had to do what i had to do when suddenly my PC had died due to no more power left. I tried&n

:)

WindowsXP4, May 22, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

Laptop adapter died

As a fun fact, some laptop adapters do interchange (old IBM Thinkpad adapters are actually a cheap and popular replacement for some Panasonic toughbooks because the specs are identical), but you should NEVER assume they do simply because of a physical fit!

Most laptops list the voltage and current on the bottom panel or by the plug. All adapters should as well if they are UL listed. Check both and don't plug it in unless they match! Even then, the best bet is ALWAYS the original adapter.

So yeah, hope you didn't do more damage than just the AC adapter is all I can say.

R-T-B, May 22, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 22, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop still died while plugged in.

n-ster, May 22, 2021
Thema:

Laptop still died while plugged in.

1. Laptop still died while plugged in. - Similar Threads - Laptop still died

2. Laptop draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop draining while plugged in: I have a Intel Core I3 for about a long ago. I use it with just the battery power. I shut it down and cool it down for about a few seconds, minutes, or hours, and then I reboot it up. It happened 3 weeks ago as I charged it once the battery is 10%, however, while I'm using...
  3. Laptop draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop draining while plugged in: I have a Intel Core I3 for about a long ago. I use it with just the battery power. I shut it down and cool it down for about a few seconds, minutes, or hours, and then I reboot it up. It happened 3 weeks ago as I charged it once the battery is 10%, however, while I'm using...
  4. Laptop overheated while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop overheated while plugged in: Laptop overheating while plugged in but it works fine when unplugged..Anyone has any solution for this??Till yesterday everything was fine suddenly this weird problem has occurredThankyou!...
  5. Laptop overheated while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheated while plugged in: Laptop overheating while plugged in but it works fine when unplugged..Anyone has any solution for this??Till yesterday everything was fine suddenly this weird problem has occurredThankyou!...
  6. Laptop overheated while plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my laptop died while updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my laptop died while updating: my laptop died whilst updating, i’ve turned it on and it’s been stuck on the screen saying “undoing changes made to your computer” any advice? will my computer and data be okay? submitted by /u/shadyxmcr [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop lags while Plugged in charging

Laptop lags while Plugged in charging: Hi everyone, I have a problem, my Laptop lags while Plugged in charging . I got dell inspiron 3480 about a year ago. I am facing a problem of lag while i am gaming or just web surfing. i have tried to fix the problem by changing additional power settings in power option and...
  9. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  10. Laptop slows down while plugged in

Laptop slows down while plugged in: I don't know why, but my laptop gets four times faster when running on battery over charging. Plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hoz6 Not plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hp9m My laptop is plugged in almost all the time, and there are charging issues with the laptop as well. It...