Windows 10: Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never"

Discus and support Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've drilled down into every last menu and tree branch I can find in the power settings, and set my laptop to not go to sleep if I walk away for five... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShermanStenson, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never"

I've drilled down into every last menu and tree branch I can find in the power settings, and set my laptop to not go to sleep if I walk away for five minutes while it's plugged in to AC power. It still does. I don't want it to sleep, hibernate, or shut off, EVER, unless I explicitly tell it to. What gives? The only way I've found to keep it on is to run the media player on a continuous shuffle of songs with the audio muted, which is a pretty inelegant solution. Why can't anyone tell me how to keep my Windows 10 PC active?

:)

ShermanStenson, Feb 19, 2019
  2. AlistairJ Win User

Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity. Can any suggest why it is doing this and how to fix it?

AlistairJ, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Laptop goes sleep when plugged in after anniversary update

Original title : since I updated with the win 10 anniversary edition, my laptop goes to sleep even when plugged in and I have the never option selected?

since I updated with the win 10 anniversary edition, my laptop goes to sleep even when plugged in and I have the never option selected?

RockHawaii, Feb 19, 2019
  4. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never"

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never"

1. Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never" - Similar Threads - Laptop Still Goes

2. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  3. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  4. Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER": Hi All Having an issue with Windows continually sleeping, going to lock screen and then having to continually log back in. All preferences for "sleep" and "screen" have been set to "NEVER". This is becoming very frustrating when talking to a PowerPoint presentation...
  5. Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...: I think this started after applying a windows update, but I’m not sure which one. submitted by /u/teknic111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbsg54/desktop_goes_to_sleep_even_though_power_settings/
  6. windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.: windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. Seems to be ignoring the settings and going to sleep after 10 to 15 minutes of no mouse movement or typing. impossible to watch a movie or listen to streaming music which we do...
  7. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in: Hi, I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't happened on any previous times when I plug in my charger. So why it happened now? Another interesting story, it doesn't happen...
  8. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  9. Computer Goes Black After 1 Minute even after setting all Settings to Never

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Goes Black After 1 Minute even after setting all Settings to Never: Hello Guys and Girls, Computer Goes Black After 1 Minute even after setting all Settings to Never. We even created a power plan and set all the main settings to NEVER. This lowers efficiency in our company and would like this to be resolved. Thanks, Zach...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger: Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep...