Windows 10: Laptop still lagging after pc reset

Discus and support Laptop still lagging after pc reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I installed third party apps and a day later the pc started to become glitchy and lagging, you have to contuinously click on something to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinKuhn, Feb 8, 2021.

1. KevinKuhn Win User

Laptop still lagging after pc reset

Hi,

I installed third party apps and a day later the pc started to become glitchy and lagging, you have to contuinously click on something to make the pc register, when it tries and opens the app or whatever it takes long, sometimes the pc freezes for a minute and works again, when watching movies on any app it starts to hook or make blocks. So i reseted the pc but it still does the same. The laptop was working fine before the third party apps, it played movies up to 1920p no problem, it opened apps smoothly and didnt freeze or anything. Oh and now the pc open apps but doesnt show all the contents nor does it show file explorer fully when opened. Please help

:)

KevinKuhn, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 8, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Laptop still lagging after pc reset

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Laptop still lagging after pc reset

1. Laptop still lagging after pc reset - Similar Threads - Laptop still lagging

2. Pc reset and account still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc reset and account still there: Hi there I just reset my pc to factory settings last night so I can sell my pc. But after it’s done the reset my account name is still there but when I put my pin in it states : the user profile service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded. I thought...
  3. Slow and lag after reset this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow and lag after reset this pc: Hi! i got a new laptop i5 11400H RTX 3050, 8gb ram nvme m.2 its so much better but it still slow and lagging in windows 11 can someone help me it got slow after reset pc...
  4. Slow and lag after reset this pc

Slow and lag after reset this pc: Hi! i got a new laptop i5 11400H RTX 3050, 8gb ram nvme m.2 its so much better but it still slow and lagging in windows 11 can someone help me it got slow after reset pc...
  5. Laptop still crashes after resetting windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop still crashes after resetting windows.: After so many crashes I finally caved and reset my windows. I let it remove all apps and files, as well as clean the drive, download and restart windows. Before this, my laptop would crash increasingly often until it was once a day at least. Half the time I would run into...
  6. Laptop still crashes after resetting windows.

Laptop still crashes after resetting windows.: After so many crashes I finally caved and reset my windows. I let it remove all apps and files, as well as clean the drive, download and restart windows. Before this, my laptop would crash increasingly often until it was once a day at least. Half the time I would run into...
  7. Laptop lagging after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lagging after resetting windows 10: A few months ago I decided to reset my laptop because there was a lot of things I didn’t use and I felt that was time do clean it, everything was running perfectly fine before resetting.After the reset I was constantly getting huge fps drops in almost every game I played. All...
  8. PC Lagging after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Lagging after resetting Windows 10: Hello. A week ago i've reset my PC, since then most games i have played without considering light ones have been lagging. Restarting the PC may usually helps with the issue, but doesn't fix it since the lag comes back after a while. I did not measure fps drops but we're...
  9. Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC: Hi, I have a mid-high end custom gaming PC (about 2 years old) that has been running fine up until a recent forced windows 10 update I get severe lag, yet Task Manager shows nothing wrong. Malwarebytes didn't detect anything wrong either. I struggle to get anything done...
  10. My laptop still slow after resetting it.

My laptop still slow after resetting it.: I did a full restore/ reset of my laptop running Windows 10 because of so many performance issues. It’s still running slow and my cursor keeps freezing. I can’t use it ! I hoped resetting would take care of the problems. Why is it still running so slow?...