Windows 10: Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer

Discus and support Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home, that had been upgraded to Windows 10 Professional using a key I purchased some time ago for Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alexcano, Feb 3, 2019.

1. alexcano Win User

Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer

Hi,

I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home, that had been upgraded to Windows 10 Professional using a key I purchased some time ago for Windows 7 Professional.

This laptop was stolen a few weeks ago, so now I would like to use that key to upgrade another PC I have with Windows 10 Home, to Windows 10 Professional. When I try to do so, I get the error (0x803fa071) saying that the Product Key is already used in another device. How I should proceed?

Thanks,

Alex

:)

alexcano, Feb 3, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Another MS Rep that has no idea what they are talking about.... I have a couple of computers that were originally activated with the same product key - activating the second computer has no affect on the previously activated computer.

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Maban Win User
    windows 8 activation key

You can use a Windows key as many time as you want provided it's only on one computer at a time. If the automated activation fails, just call the number it provides. Six minutes later, you're activated again. If it asks you how many computers it's on, just say "one" and you're golden.

Maban, Feb 3, 2019
  4. gaitski Win User

Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer

Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today, and they advised me to activate the product key on my new PC which will deactivate the license on the stolen one. I asked if they could deactivate the stolen key right now, but they said they cannot.

gaitski, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer - Similar Threads - Laptop stolen Professional

2. windows 7 professional expire activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 professional expire activation key: windows 7 professional expire activation key how can upgrade windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-professional-expire-activation-key/fbce818e-dec6-4a69-a4dd-71a763280bc1
  3. windows 7 professional expire activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 professional expire activation key: windows 7 professional expire activation key how can upgrade windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-professional-expire-activation-key/fbce818e-dec6-4a69-a4dd-71a763280bc1
  4. windows 7 professional expire activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hello , i want to track my laptop stolen who my wife email is activate in this laptop ***...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , i want to track my laptop stolen who my wife email is activate in this laptop ***...: Hello, i loose my laptop and my wife email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is activate in this laptop but we discover than the password was changed the old passport is azerty this email is associated with my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** so...
  6. Hello , i want to track my laptop stolen who my wife email is activate in this laptop ***...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello , i want to track my laptop stolen who my wife email is activate in this laptop ***...: Hello, i loose my laptop and my wife email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is activate in this laptop but we discover than the password was changed the old passport is azerty this email is associated with my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** so...
  7. Transfer of windows activation key to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of windows activation key to another computer: Hello, I bought my Dell laptop with preinstalled windows 8 back in 2015 and even in the first day I upgraded it to windows 10 for free. My question is if I can transfer my activation key to another computer? Regards...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen

Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen: My windows 10 activation key has been stolen, is there a way to claim the key back? I tried claiming the key in settings, but it doesn't work. I have the key here and a proof that I bought it. Thanks!...
  9. Wants to lock my stolen laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wants to lock my stolen laptop.: My laptop has been stolen. I am trying to lock it but it ahow the that microsoft will let you know when they lock it. Its being two days its still not locked. And they show no location on map bcz its disabled. Wht should i do now???...
  10. Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.

Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.: I don't have an activation key number and don't know how to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-computer-upgraded-to-windows-10/75258809-3a5d-4df0-963a-1c8ed737c0e6"