Windows 10: Laptop stops charging automatically

Discus and support Laptop stops charging automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using a HP Laptop. From few days, my laptop automatically stops charging even when the AC adapter is connected. After charging up to 50% , the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kar8m, Sep 21, 2019.

1. kar8m Win User

Laptop stops charging automatically

I am using a HP Laptop. From few days, my laptop automatically stops charging even when the AC adapter is connected. After charging up to 50% , the laptop automatically stops charging at some point (no fixed value like 60% or 55% it occurs randomly at any point after 50%) , and when it has stopped charging, it sometimes shows " x% charged, not charging " or simply starts on running on battery power even if the adapter is connected, and then after a few seconds or minutes, the laptop starts charging again for a few second or minutes, and stops and starts again. This is continuing to happen after the laptop has charged up to 50% and not before that. Can anyone help?

:)

kar8m, Sep 21, 2019

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop stops charging automatically pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Akihiko Win User
    Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Laptop stops charging automatically

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Laptop stops charging automatically

1. Laptop stops charging automatically - Similar Threads - Laptop stops charging

2. I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...: I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I can't charge the laptop until the battery is 100 so what is the problem ?...
  3. I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...: I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I can't charge the laptop until the battery is 100 so what is the problem ?...
  4. Stop laptop charging at 80%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop laptop charging at 80%: Hello.I have an HP pavilion 15-cc056tx notebook. I just installed a new battery in it and the manufacturer recommended to stop charging at 90% or 80%. I was wondering if there is any app or any way, by which I can stop my laptop charging at 80% rather than 100%.Kindly assist...
  5. Stop laptop charging at 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop laptop charging at 80%: Hello.I have an HP pavilion 15-cc056tx notebook. I just installed a new battery in it and the manufacturer recommended to stop charging at 90% or 80%. I was wondering if there is any app or any way, by which I can stop my laptop charging at 80% rather than 100%.Kindly assist...
  6. Stop laptop charging at 80%

7. Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging: I've noticed that my battery has stopped charging at 79%. I generated a battery report for my laptop, but the report kept saying the maximum battery life is 79%. Later, I uninstalled the Microsft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI Complaint Control Method Battery to see if that...
  8. Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging

Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging: I've noticed that my battery has stopped charging at 79%. I generated a battery report for my laptop, but the report kept saying the maximum battery life is 79%. Later, I uninstalled the Microsft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI Complaint Control Method Battery to see if that...
  9. Asus laptop battery stopped charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus laptop battery stopped charging: Hello I bought a bran new Asus laptop less than a year ago and now it will only work if i have the power cord connected. The battery never takes a charge suddenly. Is there some kind of setting that might have gotten changed? I cant imagine the internal battery is shot...
  10. How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop: Is there a way to stop battery charging above 80% or something on older laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-battery-charging-automatically-asus/fdbd6970-a324-4276-8638-f3c7761d7208

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LAPTOP NOT HOLDING CHARGE