Windows 10: Laptop stops reacting to clicks

Discus and support Laptop stops reacting to clicks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using windows 10. When using the computer, the cursor suddenly changes shape. At first, the open application, be it chrome, starts to scroll up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrightSamuelson, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Laptop stops reacting to clicks

I am using windows 10. When using the computer, the cursor suddenly changes shape. At first, the open application, be it chrome, starts to scroll up and down all by itself, and then when I click on a page to minimize a window, that window disappears, and a click on the back arrow, on chrome, opens a new window.

Every other applications stops responding when this happens.

Everything starts working again when I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the cancel.

This problem started with my window 7, then I upgraded to window 10, but the problem persists.

:)

BrightSamuelson, Feb 29, 2020

2. Some buttons not reacting when I click on them

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Did you make any hardware or software changes prior to this issue?

• What is the current build installed on your computer? (To check the build, Press
      Windows + R keys to open Run command, type
      Winver and press Enter)

• What happens when you click on these buttons? Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.
    Method 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.

• Click on View All on top left corner.

• Select Hardware from the list and follow the prompts for
      troubleshooting.
    Method 3: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.
    Refer: Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 29, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Laptop stops reacting to clicks

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop stops reacting to clicks

1. Laptop stops reacting to clicks - Similar Threads - Laptop stops reacting

2. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop power button blinking and not reacting: My laptops power button keeps blinking and so do the lights on my mouse when plugged in, yet if I press or hold the power button, the laptop doesn’t react at all, I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery, which didn’t work and the laptop has no way for me to access...
  3. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop power button blinking and not reacting: My laptops power button keeps blinking and so do the lights on my mouse when plugged in, yet if I press or hold the power button, the laptop doesn’t react at all, I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery, which didn’t work and the laptop has no way for me to access...
  4. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer stops reacting to mousepad and crashes - help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stops reacting to mousepad and crashes - help: I've had the same issue where my computer kind-of freezes. It responds to keyboard keys, but not the touchpad. It crashes after a while. I've tried looking at the event log, and it often reports event 1010 or event 454, but I'm not sure if they're actually related to the...
  6. Computer stops reacting to mousepad and crashes - help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stops reacting to mousepad and crashes - help: I've had the same issue where my computer kind-of freezes. It responds to keyboard keys, but not the touchpad. It crashes after a while. I've tried looking at the event log, and it often reports event 1010 or event 454, but I'm not sure if they're actually related to the...
  7. Computer stops reacting to mousepad and crashes - help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  9. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting: Hello there, A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working. When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order...
  10. Random Programs stop reacting to mouse events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Programs stop reacting to mouse events: Since last update some programs stop to perceiving mouse events. It can happen to any program you leave open for a lttle while randomly. Some would stay responsive to moouse while other(s) won't. They will still obey to keyboard shortcuts but ignore any mouse clicks. In fact...