Windows 10: Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display

Discus and support Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, This problem is a bit weird so I don't know if it really has a solution. I usually use my laptop connected to a second monitor. It happens... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Litwi, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Litwi Win User

Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display

Hello,

This problem is a bit weird so I don't know if it really has a solution.

I usually use my laptop connected to a second monitor. It happens sometimes that, after putting it to sleep by closing the lid on my laptop if that matters, when I open the lid again the laptop does not respond. It turns on but all I can see on both displays is a black screen and it doesn't do anything no matter which keys I press. When this happens, I'm usually forced to hard turn it off by keeping pressed the power button.

One of the quirks of this problem is that it does not happen all the time. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. This problem has been happening for quite some time now, so I don't think it has anything to do with the windows version which I try to keep up to date.

Anyone has any idea how to tackle this problem?

For reference, I'm using an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home edition.

:)

Litwi, Mar 26, 2020

2. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

Hello,

I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer.

Each time this issue happens I can go into my event log and see "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

This seems to point to the issue being related to my graphics card driver. Any suggestions? I already disabled "Hybrid Sleep" but that did not help.

Windows 10 64-bit
    X58 i7 970
    AMD Rx 480

protivakid, Mar 26, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

I also have laptops with GFE installed, never had a problem with it.
    This thread is about "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered."

It's unlikely that GFE is the source of his problem.

P4-630, Mar 26, 2020
  4. yomi Win User

display driver atikmdag stopped responding

error: display driver atikmdag stopped responding (8.7 driver)
    hello people I get this on task bar vith vista any body know anything about it computer stops responding as well

Thema:

1. Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display - Similar Threads - Laptop stops responding

2. Connect laptop as second display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect laptop as second display: I'm trying to connect my laptop as a second screen to my desktop. On my desktop I have Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621.On my laptop I have Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044. When I try to connect my laptop as a screen from desktop windows + k, it shows "No screens...
  3. Connect laptop as second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect laptop as second display: I'm trying to connect my laptop as a second screen to my desktop. On my desktop I have Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621.On my laptop I have Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044. When I try to connect my laptop as a screen from desktop windows + k, it shows "No screens...
  4. The brightness of laptop screen reduces when connect or disconnect a second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The brightness of laptop screen reduces when connect or disconnect a second display: Hello … hope you are doing great my laptop keep reduces the brightness whenever I connect a second display or disconnect it is there any option in setting to let the brightness stays 100% brighter even if I connect or disconnect a second display thank you ....
  5. Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display: Hello, This problem is a bit weird so I don't know if it really has a solution. I usually use my laptop connected to a second monitor. It happens sometimes that, after putting it to sleep by closing the lid on my laptop if that matters, when I open the lid again the...
  6. Display Drivers stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Drivers stopped responding: I recently did a fresh install of windows, before this, I have never gotten this issue with this graphics card. I can't find out what is causing this issue. I have looked it up and tried to fix it by increasing tdrdelay, but it didn't fix it. Please Help Specs of PC: CPU:...
  7. Laptop display after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display after sleep: Hi 1. I have set my Windows 10 laptop to sleep after 10min and turn off display after 5 min. It works fine no issues. 2. I have schedule a task in Task Scheduler to run Google Chrome at 6:15 AM while laptop in sleep mode. 3. I have enable wake the computer to run this...
  8. Second display goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display goes to sleep.: I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl...
  9. Connecting second display with laptop in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting second display with laptop in windows 10: case happened with me "for fist time i connected my monitor with my laptop through VGA cable and it was working correctly. After that i made some setting on desktop in "graphics option" by left clicking on desktop. By doing that my laptop screen shows black screen and on...
  10. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: Hello, I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer. Each...