Windows 10: Laptop stuck after updating Windows

Discus and support Laptop stuck after updating Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've got an acer laptop i use for school purpouses, up untill recently i had a no problemsbut from the moment a certain windows update came out,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kritorian.., Oct 25, 2021.

1. Laptop stuck after updating Windows

I've got an acer laptop i use for school purpouses, up untill recently i had a no problemsbut from the moment a certain windows update came out, whenever it tries to update, the pc gets stuck after the restart on the loading icon, it will not move, even if you leave it on for 4+ hours.I've tried letting it run its course, to no availi've tried to reset the laptop to factory settings, as there isnt much on it which which also didnt work it got stuck on 74% and wouldnt not go any further I've a system restore, but even that gives me an error that i cannot be completedi'd be grateful for some

:)

Kritorian.., Oct 25, 2021
  2. MIkew365 Win User

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Oct 25, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 25, 2021
  4. waavman Win User

Laptop stuck after updating Windows

Windows 10 Laptop stuck in update upto 3 hours then rollsback update

@zbook,

I am slightly confused by the results.
    As suggested by you, I performed clean boot in Windows 10
    In msconfig, chose Selective startup and unchecked "Load Startup items". Then under Services tab after hiding all Microsoft services, I disabled all services. Then in startup tab I disabled all startup tasks and restarted my Laptop. Once it booted I went to settings ->Windows update and clicked on "Check for updates" and then it gave a couple of updates like "2021-01 Windows update for Windows 10 v 1909" , "Update for removal of Adobe flash player.." and asked it to run the updates.
    So it ran the updates and restarted again. And I see in the update history as shown in below screen shot that those 2 updates are applied with todays timestamp 5/22/21

Laptop stuck after updating Windows [​IMG]

However on the Windows update screen it still shows "You are NOT up to date. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" as shown in below screenshot.
    If I click on "Check for Updates" nothing comes up now and it keeps saying "You are NOT uptodate your device is missing important security and quality fixes" I tried restarting a few more times and it says the same thing.

Also if I click the Start->Power icon, there are only 2 Options as shown in below screenshot. "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart".

So can you please advise what this signifies and how do I proceed from here and what are the next steps because I am confused if it already applied all the updates or it is not able to apply the updates .
    Appreciate your help.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, can you please clarify this which you have mentioned in your reply ?

(1) What do you want me to do with this link
    setupdiag: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

(2) And what is V2: BSOD for. Is it connected to above setupdiag step ?

(3) Is Upgrade_failure_info.bat the 3rd step you want me to run after above V2:BSOD step ?

(4) PS2 Logs: Is this the 4th step to perform after upgrade_failure_info.bat step ?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, can you please clarify this which you have mentioned in your reply ?

(1) What do you want me to do with this link
    setupdiag: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

(2) And what is V2: BSOD for. Is it connected to above setupdiag step ?

(3) Is Upgrade_failure_info.bat the 3rd step you want me to run after above V2:BSOD step ?

(4) PS2 Logs: Is this the 4th step to perform after upgrade_failure_info.bat step ?

thanks

waavman, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Laptop stuck after updating Windows

1. Laptop stuck after updating Windows - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck updating

2. My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.: Hello,i tried to update windows on my laptop and after restart it get stuck on loading screen after i enter the password. Stuck and restart after a while. I tried the following fix using shift and restart:1 to restore the system2cmd command3repair pc4uefiand all other...
  3. My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.: Hello,i tried to update windows on my laptop and after restart it get stuck on loading screen after i enter the password. Stuck and restart after a while. I tried the following fix using shift and restart:1 to restore the system2cmd command3repair pc4uefiand all other...
  4. Laptop stuck on hp screen after trying to update windows

Laptop stuck on hp screen after trying to update windows: So yea updated windows last night. Now my laptop is stuck on the hp screen with the loading wheel under it. If I hit f11 n try and repair startup I get this screen...
  5. Laptop stuck on hp screen after trying to update windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on hp screen after trying to update windows: So yea updated windows last night. Now my laptop is stuck on the hp screen with the loading wheel under it. If I hit f11 n try and repair startup I get this screen...
  6. Laptop stuck after updating Windows

Laptop stuck after updating Windows: I've got an acer laptop i use for school purpouses, up untill recently i had a no problemsbut from the moment a certain windows update came out, whenever it tries to update, the pc gets stuck after the restart on the loading icon, it will not move, even if you leave it on for...
  7. Laptop stuck after updating Windows

Laptop stuck after updating Windows: I've got an acer laptop i use for school purpouses, up untill recently i had a no problemsbut from the moment a certain windows update came out, whenever it tries to update, the pc gets stuck after the restart on the loading icon, it will not move, even if you leave it on for...
  8. Laptop Stuck on Boot after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Stuck on Boot after Windows Update: Hi All, Tech Stack: Windows 10 1909 OS Build 18363.778; I noticed lately that if I boot my laptop after a Shutdown on the previous day it just gets stuck on Manufacturer's Boot screen; In my case I have ASUS ZenBook and my device does not go any where else other than...
  9. Laptop stuck on Undoing Changes after Windows 10 update

Laptop stuck on Undoing Changes after Windows 10 update: This question has been asked before but never answered. My Laptop has just tried to upgrade from version 1803 to 1809 and is now stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer. I can't get anything other than this so no safe mode available. Is there anything I can do other...
  10. laptop stuck at login screen after update

laptop stuck at login screen after update: after recent update it got login for the first time and since the screen is flashing i force down it.After i switch it on it loaded normally.When i enter the password it will show loading in welcome screen but nothing happens.I tried reseting the PC but same issue even in...