Windows 10: laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd

Discus and support laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello there, when I start my laptop, it stucks at blank screen for a while and then it shows 2 options, advance options and turm of computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by preetsshah, Apr 16, 2020.

1. laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd

hello there,

when I start my laptop, it stucks at blank screen for a while and then it shows 2 options, advance options and turm of computer. I searched a bit and found a way to see if my drives are still there or not. When I opened notepad through cmd, and selected to open file, I can not see my drives there C and D. I can see only two drives:

1. BootX: and 2. CD Drive D:

I do not want to lose my data. I tried the 3 options of advanced options, system restore, system image recovery and startup repair. But none of them worked.

It all started when yesterday a BSOD appeared with error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. then it tried to restart the system but it could not, this problem occurred. One more thing my D drive used to be of 510GB, and through cmd and notepad the new BootX: drive is of 510GB from which, 508GB is not used, whereas, as D drive was filled by 450GB. So please help me with it and tell me what to do, I do not want to lose my data. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

preetsshah, Apr 16, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Apr 16, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd

1. laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd - Similar Threads - laptop stuck advance

2. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck at advanced options: Ive been trying to open my pc but when I do, it goes into automatic repair and goes into advanced options, Ive watched and tried multiple youtube videos on this subject but nothing works, resetting pc physically didnt work, ive tried multiple command prompts, booting it up on...
  3. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck at advanced options: Ive been trying to open my pc but when I do, it goes into automatic repair and goes into advanced options, Ive watched and tried multiple youtube videos on this subject but nothing works, resetting pc physically didnt work, ive tried multiple command prompts, booting it up on...
  4. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop won't boot - Advanced Options failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't boot - Advanced Options failing: My Acer laptop won't boot. I have installed the ISO on a USB, but the computer restarts when I attempt troubleshooting in the Advanced Options. Any ideas where I go from here?...
  6. Laptop won't boot - Advanced Options failing

Laptop won't boot - Advanced Options failing: My Acer laptop won't boot. I have installed the ISO on a USB, but the computer restarts when I attempt troubleshooting in the Advanced Options. Any ideas where I go from here?...
  7. Laptop won't boot - Advanced Options failing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options: Windows 10 ProFails to boot and gives a recovery 'loop' where it tries, and fails, to recover.I will do a clean install to restore the PC but I want to get a key file first.I can open the CMD and can navigate to, and see, the file.I can insert a USB, and can navigate and see...
  9. Stuck in advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in advanced options: Hello, My Windows 10 is stuck in advanced options. I can use my keyboard and mouse. The only two options are, A. Shut down, or B. Touble Shooting. I have tried all forms of troubleshooting, but every attempt has given me no progress. There is no reset pc option. Nor rollback...
  10. My laptop is stuck on booting screen and I cant get to advance options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is stuck on booting screen and I cant get to advance options: I recently installed a software that I regret getting as when I restarted my laptop it was stuck on booting I try to get into advance options but it just flashes and fades away and goes back to the booting screen....