Windows 10: Laptop stuck at loading before startscreen after deleting windows.old

Discus and support Laptop stuck at loading before startscreen after deleting windows.old in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I deleted old windows files with CCleaner and after that I tried to restart my laptop, but it is now stuck at the loading before I get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atraz, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Atraz Win User

Laptop stuck at loading before startscreen after deleting windows.old

I deleted old windows files with CCleaner and after that I tried to restart my laptop, but it is now stuck at the loading before I get to the startscreen.

:)

Atraz, Nov 9, 2017

2. Windows10

I refresh my system running in windows 10 Home single language with anniversary update. After I delete the Windows.old folder , it partially deleted and after that my laptop is not booting. Startup stuck with spinning circle. Even it's not taking my previously
    created "system image" created on the same pc,same version just 1 week before. Is it possible to restore my current OS without formatting c drive? Pls give solution.

MorshalimShaikh, Nov 9, 2017
  3. UmarAS Win User
    SSD windows C: keep eating up space on its own

Thank you! It really does give more space but unfortunately, it does not resolve my problem.

I got around 75.2 GB free after deleting windows.old. But if I turn on my laptop and left it on idle for example an hour, the space would slowly decrease on its own without any activity taking place. It decreases without any reason.

Before following your steps on deleting windows.old, I got 60 GB free space out of 118 GB. If I let my laptop idle for example an hour, I would most likely have 55 GB free or less.

I noticed the decreasing rate is getting slower after deleting windows.old but it still decreases time by time. I got 75.2 GB free after deleting windows.old. I came back after leaving the laptop idle for an hour and the free space got lessen
    to 75.0 GB.

So, what is the problem I'm facing?

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

UmarAS, Nov 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, here's how to do that (if you're referring to Windows.old)
    Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

It sounds as if you may have deleted something you shouldn't have.
    Perhaps you could explain exactly what you did?

If so, you have no other option, you might be lucky if you try System Restore, else I would have suggested an in-place upgrade repair install. However, that is only possible if you can boot normally and log in.

dalchina, Nov 9, 2017
  5. Atraz Win User
    How can I do a system restore?

Atraz, Nov 9, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Read the appropriate tutorial, and you will find you can boot from an installation disk, and via Repair your computer, Advanced Startup options, you will find System Restore.

Windows 10 Tutorial Index Tutorials

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/boot-to-advanced-startup-options-in-windows-10.6739/

e.g. Option 5 and more

Another possibility might be do to an offline run of
    SFC /SCANNOW

(Boot using an install disk, and run the appropriate offline command).
    Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Option 1

dalchina, Nov 9, 2017
  7. Atraz Win User
    Thank you. Trying system restore now

Atraz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop stuck at loading before startscreen after deleting windows.old - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck loading

2. My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.: Hello,i tried to update windows on my laptop and after restart it get stuck on loading screen after i enter the password. Stuck and restart after a while. I tried the following fix using shift and restart:1 to restore the system2cmd command3repair pc4uefiand all other...
  3. My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.: Hello,i tried to update windows on my laptop and after restart it get stuck on loading screen after i enter the password. Stuck and restart after a while. I tried the following fix using shift and restart:1 to restore the system2cmd command3repair pc4uefiand all other...
  4. My Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my laptop is stuck at loading after a restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is stuck at loading after a restart: its been stuck like that for 30mins, after windows 11 installation it prompts me to restart so it could install it properly right. so i restarted and now it’s stuck like that, the buffering icon isn’t even moving...
  6. my laptop is stuck at loading after a restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is stuck at loading after a restart: its been stuck like that for 30mins, after windows 11 installation it prompts me to restart so it could install it properly right. so i restarted and now it’s stuck like that, the buffering icon isn’t even moving...
  7. My laptop is stuck on windows loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is stuck on windows loading: My laptop isn't connected to the internet and it is stuck on windows loading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-windows-loading/aacb95c1-a205-4071-8f17-053d8950fe34
  8. Stuck on Windows loading screen before installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Windows loading screen before installation: I built a PC , all new parts. Everything turns on but after Aorus menu pops up I get stuck on black screen with Windows icon and spinning dots. I Downloaded windows onto two different 16gb 3.0 flash drive yet nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Specs Aorus...
  9. Black tiles on startscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black tiles on startscreen: Hi all This drives me crazy but is it possible to get BLACK tiles for UWP apps ? The darkest color I can get is that grey [img] Thanks 72370
  10. Saving StartScreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving StartScreen: I would like to save my startscreen (the one I see if I click theWindows icon button left corner). In Win 8.1 I use the following procedure: Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R. Step 2: Type, "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows" and hit Enter to open...