Windows 10: Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help?

Discus and support Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! My laptop is stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." This screen popped popped up a couple of days ago, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by makeandersson, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help?

Hi!
    My laptop is stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." This screen popped popped up a couple of days ago, and has not gone away since. The laptop is kinda old, so problems were expected, but i can't seem to find a solution for this one. I'll start from the beginning i guess: I'm a bit unsure if the laptop started to update, but at least i think so. I shut down the laptop one evening, and a sign popped up saying something like "Preparing windows. Do not turn off the computer". I presumed that it was beginning an update, so i went to grab something to eat. I come back, and laptop is on the log-in screen. "Great" i thought and turned off the computer. Flash forward to the next evening, when i tried to turn it on again. But no log-in screen appeared, and instead i got a black screen. After maybe 30 minutes, the cursor popped up. Another 30 minutes goes, and a sign saying "Preparing Automatic Repair". It then went to "diagnosing your PC". Finally, "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." popped up. I, of course, let it run over an hour, but was now starting get concerned. I went to sleep, but let the laptop run on. I woke up 8 hours later, and it was still "repairing". I have tried rebooting multiple times, but this problem just seems to repeat itself. And now i don't really know what to do?

Here are my specs:

Fujitsu lifebook UH572
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3317U (3rd gen) with dual-cores1.7 GHz (normal clock speed)-2.6 GHz (achieved with turbo boost technology)
    64-bit computing: yes
    Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Memory/Ram: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (with a memory speed of 1600 MHz)
    Cache: L3- 3 MB
    Chipset type: Mobile Intel HM76 Express
    Hard Drive: 500 GB HDD
    SSD cache: 32 GB

Here's a link for further specifications:

Fujitsu LIFEBOOK UH572 Specs - CNET

Any help is appreciated!

:)

makeandersson, Nov 21, 2016
  2. Rytchye Win User

Windows 10 Stuck at Repairing Disk Errors

Hello, so my problem recently wouldnt start up properly would just freeze so my mom tryed to help by going into some of the startup settingings and disabled one of them i dont remember the name but it was number 7 i think from googleing it was disable
    driver signature enforcement but now whenever it starts up it trys to run disk error repair but it seems stuck in a loop i left it runing for about 7+ hours and nothing changed , i cant figure out a way to cancel it or anything, if nothign else i would like
    to make it do a clean reinstall of windows or anything i only seem to be bale to get into F2 and F12 on startup and i dont have the reinstall disk sense i did the free online upgrade and have yet to re locate my old windows 7 disk sense i moved. So can anyone
    help me? =)

Rytchye, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Stuck at Repairing Disk Errors

Hi Rytche,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

--What is the make and model of your computer?

This issue may occur either if Windows startup files are missing or corrupt.

I would suggest you to run startup repair
    and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Disconnect all non-essential devices that might attached to your computer, Windows setup might be trying to detect them.
    • If you connected to a network, disconnect this also.
    • Download the Windows 10 ISO on a working computer and perform a startup repair:
    • Click HEREto
      download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft.
    Boot from the Windows 10 DVD

a) At the Install Now screen

b) Click Repair your computer

c) Click Advanced Options

d) Click Troubleshoot

e) Click Startup repair

f) Follow the on screen instructions

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Askboy4 Win User

Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help?

Pictures? Pictures will help

Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Any System Restore points that you can get to from the Recovery Console with a pre-boot F-key ? Have you tried a hard reset- press and hold power button until turned off, unplug EVERYTHING incl usb devices, battery and power cord. Press power button and hold couple seconds a few times. Plug power source back in and try to start.

mrgeek, Nov 21, 2016
  6. My system is set on Finnish, so i doubt anyone could understand what the text is saying (other than Finnish people, that is). You could search for images online (just search "Preparing automatic repair", "Diagnosing your pc" and "repairing disk errors" I'm sure you can find them somewhere?*Smile

7. Askboy4 Win User
    Maybe try going to safe mode?

Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016
  8. Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help?

I've tried a hard reset, unplugged everything (and plugged it back in again). Unfortunately, this didn't help.
    And i have no idea what pre-boot F-key i could use to get to the recovery console. I have access to the BIOS settings and some kind of boot menu (to change the boot order). I did get access to the recovery console by downloading "windows installation media" on a usb-flashdrive/stick. But no options really seemed to work?

9. Doesn't work. Already tried going to both safe mode with network, and without. Both failed? Also tried rolling back to a previous version of windows but no success here either (i might have deleted the previous windows versions installation media/data to save space)

10. mrgeek Win User
    I did get access to the recovery console by downloading "windows installation media" on a usb-flashdrive/stick. But no options really seemed to work?

This option didn't work ? This is different from rollback to prev version which you say may have deleted.

Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help? [​IMG]

If the installation media usb is bootable, you should be able to reinstall Windows from it. Complete tutorial here, if you have another computer to use would help a lot -
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

mrgeek, Nov 21, 2016
  11. Askboy4 Win User
    try removing your laptop battery ( at the bottom of laptop corner) then place it back,

Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016
  12. First off, sorry for the extremly late reply*Smile
    The "refresh your pc" option doesn't appear to me? Once i boot up from the usb flash drive that contains the installation media i'm presented with a "windows setup" screen. There i can choose what language i want to install (english), time and currence format (finland) and the input method (finnish). The next screen has two buttons (one that says "install now" and the other that says "repair your computer"). If i click on "repair your computer" i'm presented with the option to troubleshoot or shut down the pc. I'll post a picture of the troubleshoot section.

Edit: weird, i can't seem to be able to post a picture? The troubleshoot options are: "system restore", " system image recovery", "startup repair", " command prompt" and "go back to the previous build"... I seem to have lost my system restore points, startup repair doesn't do jack sh*t and rolling back to is impossible (i have deleted the installation data) Command prompt is working (but i have no idea what i'd write there) and i don't have a disk to install an system image on...

makeandersson, Dec 3, 2016
  13. Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help?

Is it really necessary? I'd have to use a screw-driver to open the battery section, and the problem seems to be in the hard-drive?
    (Still, I can do it if you think it could actually help...)

makeandersson, Dec 3, 2016
  14. spunk Win User
    From the TroubleShooting screen choose Command Prompt
    You will need to find the OS drive, as it may have changed in the RE(Recovery Environment)
    At command prompt (x: sources) type this exactly as written:
    bcdedit |find “osdevice” (Must inc and the |), the | before Find is the Upper case \ key) press enter. This will tell you what drive letter the OS is on.It may not be on the C: drive.
    Now use the returned as the drive letter for OS, for this example, assume C: or whatever drive letter is the os device.
    At the x sources type: chkdsk c: /r press enter, 5 stages of check disk will run. It will test the HDD for errors. it may take a while.

spunk, Dec 4, 2016
  15. I wrote exactly what you told me to, but i didn't get the drive letter for the OS? There is a space between bcdedit and |find right?
    Already checked for misspelling errors but i didn't make any... Also, there is a space between find and "osdevice"? After writing (what i think is exactly what you told me to) i just get a new x:\Sources> command line under the one i just wrote.

makeandersson, Dec 4, 2016
Thema:

Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help?

1. Laptop stuck at "Repairing disk errors" Any help? - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck Repairing

2. laptop stuck on the same 'repairing disk error' screen for hours.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop stuck on the same 'repairing disk error' screen for hours.: Hello.To get this straight to the point, I'm currently fiddling around my brother's laptop. It was long since having problems, yet I was only able to take a closer look of it now.What I attached above is my brother's laptop specifications, bought at some time around 2014.And...
  3. laptop stuck on the same 'repairing disk error' screen for hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck on the same 'repairing disk error' screen for hours.: Hello.To get this straight to the point, I'm currently fiddling around my brother's laptop. It was long since having problems, yet I was only able to take a closer look of it now.What I attached above is my brother's laptop specifications, bought at some time around 2014.And...
  4. laptop stuck on the same 'repairing disk error' screen for hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Laptop stuck in an endless automatic repair loop. Any help is appreciated

Windows 10 Laptop stuck in an endless automatic repair loop. Any help is appreciated: Hello everyone, I am having trouble with my windows 10 laptop, I turned it on earlier and it has been stuck in an automatic repair loop since then. I have restarted, turned off, and have ran the start up repair. When I ran the startup repair, it said it couldn’t fix it. I...
  6. Stuck on disk repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on disk repair: 10 days ago, my computer crashed and I wasn't able to log in in any way, I had to have it serviced, and they found that Microsoft had sent a corrupt file in their update while I slept, rendering my user corrupt. They had to set it back to factory settings, and gave me a clean...
  7. Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...: I had some problems with updating my laptop , when it finally did my laptop seemed to work just fine then when i tried to open it today it gave me this screen and stuck there for hours what should i do submitted by /u/NemNemCookie [link] [comments]...
  8. Acer laptop "repairing disk errors" loop

Acer laptop "repairing disk errors" loop: Hi there, A couple of months ago I turned on my Acer Aspire E5-575 laptop to see a message saying "hard disk missing" I restarted my laptop and it booted up with the automatic repair system, first saying "Diagnosing PC" and then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over...
  9. Boot is stuck on "Repairing Disk Errors"

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot is stuck on "Repairing Disk Errors": Sorry if this is the wrong subforum.., it wasn't obvious to me that any of the others were more appropriate in another thread i referred to a laptop that will not boot - but here, i am hoping i can find a way to get it to boot without reformatting the SSD and reinstalling...
  10. Repairing disk error

Repairing disk error: Please hepl me i have wait 7 hours and nothing happen It say repairing disk error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-error/0322ac0a-f69a-45b4-8769-387bcf189da9